PlayStation Network Down for Scheduled Maintenance Today - Some Users Locked Out - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
HDD Editor

Exclamation PlayStation Network Down for Scheduled Maintenance Today - Some Users Locked Out

Some users may have temporarily lost any online access.

The Sony Entertainment Network, known to PlayStation users as "PSN," is down for scheduled maintenance today. Service is scheduled for restoration around 9:00 pm PDT, however, scheduled maintenance frequently overruns the set timetable.

Whiles access to the store and PS Home is offline, users who have signed into PSN at some point in the past five days should still be able to play games online and utilize apps such as Netflix. Unfortunately, during this current maintenance cycle, Sony has confirmed that some users who have logged in recently may become inadvertently unauthenticated and thereby denied access to all online content. Sony is working to correct the issue and restore access to those affected users.

PlayStation Support via Joystiq
Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 AM

I wonder how long ago this was "scheduled". PSN was crawling last night - I kept getting timed out when trying to log into PSN to authenticate Vudu. Once I got past PSN, though, Vudu ran just fine, was streaming HDX, so I know the issue wasn't on my end.

What sucks, though, is that I have started turning my PS3 off when not in use - I realized just how much juice it was sucking up staying on all the time. So I guess that means no Netflix, Amazon, Hulu or Vudu for me tonight. Thank goodness I got physical media!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Oh no, people couldn't log on for a few hours for maintenance, how terrible.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

fyi in the future although netflix requires psn login vudu will run on a ps3 without signing into your psn account.