Best method for streaming and hardsubbing - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Best method for streaming and hardsubbing

Not sure if this is the right place to post, I apologize if it is.
Couple questions:

Last night I attempted to stream a 2gig 1080p movie from my computer to my PS3. The quality was horrible due to the streaming. I am on a wired network. When I play it from a USB stick the quality is excellent. Is there a way to get HD quality streaming to my PS3, or even 360 from my PC/MAC?

The reason I wanted this was because the movie had subtitles that were not hardcoded so I had to stream it. For some reason playing it from the USB stick with the subtitles file present still didn't show the subtitles.

I really don't want to resort to hardsubbing the movie if I have to.

Thanks