'Metal Gear Solid 4' 15 Minute GAMEPLAY Footage! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Formerly Delta_FX

Default 'Metal Gear Solid 4' 15 Minute GAMEPLAY Footage!

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/event2007/index-en.html

Choose the "20th Metal Geat Anniversary Party" tab. Then choose "Metal Gear Solid 4". Then click "Play"

Enjoy!

This video is rumoured to go up today in 720p on the PS Store.

Downloable version here: http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_4139_en.html
Old 07-25-2007, 01:40 AM

It's AMAZING! I can't wait for this game to come out!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 AM

Why are people so impressed by this? It looks just like MGS3 with a fresh coat of paint. It's a shinier version of an old game, no big deal. Don't even get me started on the disproportionate ratio of cutscenes and codec dialogue vs actual gameplay in that series...UGH.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 AM

you hurt me with your heresy, nicodimus. you hurt me...

seriously though, i'm very stoked by this footage. remains to be seen whether the game lives up to its potential, but given team kojima's record, i'm very optimistic.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
Why are people so impressed by this? It looks just like MGS3 with a fresh coat of paint. It's a shinier version of an old game, no big deal. Don't even get me started on the disproportionate ratio of cutscenes and codec dialogue vs actual gameplay in that series...UGH.
Are you sayin it's kind of like Halo 3 looking like Halo 2 with a fresh coat of paint? I don't believe it's anywhere near that bland.

Plus, if you have a story to tell, you need cut-scenes. We all know this is a story and a game...something truly special.

I agree with Winstonshu.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
this guy is starting to sound more and more like a troll everyday

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 4
Old 07-29-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
this guy is starting to sound more and more like a troll everyday
Those screenshots are misleading. Neither game looks like that while you're actually playing it.

Watch the 15 minute MGS4 gameplay video, the in-game graphics don't look *that* much better than MGS3 gameplay other than the switch to HD, mostly better looking textures.

Also, feel free to call me whatever names you want. I call it like I see it. MGS4 and HS are not impressing me one bit, while LBP and Mass Effect are.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
if you have a story to tell, you need cut-scenes.
I don't care that MGS uses cutscenes. My problem is how long you sit there without playing at all and how often the gameplay is interrupted by a barrage of codec dialogue and cutscenes. I want a game with occasional cutscenes, not a cutscene with occasional gameplay.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Those screenshots are misleading. Neither game looks like that while you're actually playing it.

Also, feel free to call me whatever names you want. I call it like I see it. MGS4 and HS are not impressing me one bit, while LBP and Mass Effect are.
actually, the graphic engine is what that game is made up of so those shots are in no way misleading.

and Call it like you see it? you might wanna go to the doctor and get the eyes checked cause did you know that the ocean is in fact Blue and not red?

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Solid 3
Old 07-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Formerly Delta_FX

Good job, Illegal! Nicodimus needs to get his eyes checked...