Firmware 1.9 Confirmed! Releases This Week! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Formerly Delta_FX
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 934
Default Firmware 1.9 Confirmed! Releases This Week!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...0-coming-soon/

The update has come out in Japan, so the US should be getting it very soon.

Also, there are rumours that a PSP 3.52 update will come out tomorrow.
  • Custom wallpaper
  • Games on the XMB can now be sorted
  • Inclusion of "eject disk" on the option menu
  • BD/DVD setting now provides an option for 24Hz output over HDMI
  • CD music output also has new options for output frequency: 44.1, 88.2, and 176.4 kHz
  • Output settings will be available for PSOne and PS2 games.
  • Bookmarks can now be added
  • Browser Security will be added to the tools of the PS3 internet browser
  • Video settings can be changed in-game
  • Music settings now include "Bit Mapping"
  • Emoticons and avatars are included in the chat, avatars move in reaction to audio in AV chat
  • AVCHD type animated pictures can be saved from Memory Sticks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
illegalprelude's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

wooo hooo. Bring on the updates
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2007, 04:24 PM
james's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_FX View Post
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...0-coming-soon/

The update has come out in Japan, so the US should be getting it very soon.

Also, there are rumours that a PSP 3.52 update will come out tomorrow.
  • Custom wallpaper
  • Games on the XMB can now be sorted
  • Inclusion of "eject disk" on the option menu
  • BD/DVD setting now provides an option for 24Hz output over HDMI
  • CD music output also has new options for output frequency: 44.1, 88.2, and 176.4 kHz
  • Output settings will be available for PSOne and PS2 games.
  • Bookmarks can now be added
  • Browser Security will be added to the tools of the PS3 internet browser
  • Video settings can be changed in-game
  • Music settings now include "Bit Mapping"
  • Emoticons and avatars are included in the chat, avatars move in reaction to audio in AV chat
  • AVCHD type animated pictures can be saved from Memory Sticks
Exciting stuff. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
dajohn29's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 410
Default

I thought they already added 24fps output last update? Also, NO DTS-HD Master Audio!!! I'm beginning to lose my patience.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Megasquidd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 411
Default

I'm kinda new to this.. How does a new ps3 owner know when a firmware update is available? My 360 just sorta launches into it. What does the PS3 do?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2007, 06:02 PM
illegalprelude's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajohn29 View Post
I thought they already added 24fps output last update? Also, NO DTS-HD Master Audio!!! I'm beginning to lose my patience.
lol dude. it comes when it comes. we get the point you want this Im assuming its harder then them just clicking a button and it can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megasquidd View Post
I'm kinda new to this.. How does a new ps3 owner know when a firmware update is available? My 360 just sorta launches into it. What does the PS3 do?
the PS3 will make you do the update if its hooked up via the web so you cannot log online with it and do anything else with it (like your friends list, PS store, online games, web etc) until you do the update
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
CaneDewey's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 19
Default

I'm partial to the default background. It's lovely.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneDewey View Post
I'm partial to the default background. It's lovely.
couldnt agree with you more. The moving waves are so delicate and peaceful.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 PM
illegalprelude's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

yea, I have zero plans also of changing my background
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Nicodimus22's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 923
Default

As far as the DTS-MA goes, looking at it from Sony's perspective and how they prioritize features in software updates, you have to consider a lot of people don't have the equipment to take advantage of this. EVERYONE can use the custom backgrounds. I'll enjoy DTS-MA when it comes, but I also understand why it's a lower priority.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LEFT 4 DEAD coming up to PS3 not confirmed...The Sacrifice DLC confirmed bbc20000 Game Room 41 08-21-2010 01:14 PM
Sony's firmware update for 3D games does exactly what your non-firmware PS3 could... Indy_aka_Rex Gaming Smackdown 242 04-30-2010 02:42 PM
Blu-Ray promotions confirmed for Bourne week Philnerd High Definition Smackdown 132 12-10-2007 12:13 AM
BD Confirmed Releases. More BD Power! Max High Definition Smackdown 23 12-05-2007 06:43 PM
New firmware for 1080P24 output for G2 players is out! Firmware v2.5 aaronwt HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 102 10-21-2007 01:01 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off