Dynamic Normalizer - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Dynamic Normalizer

Just a quick question about Dynamic Normalizer.

To my knowledge, this setting will output the same volume on all speakers.

I find it quite annoying when watching movies when the actions scenes are way to loud, where the talking is too quite. I'm constantly turning up or down the volume. At first I thought it was an issue with my receiver. I set my centre channel at +10 volume, and my 2 fronts at +5 to offset the difference but I'm still having issues.

I believe I read as of the latest firmware update, there is no Dynamic Normalizer option? However, there is rumor it will be available in the 2.0 release? Can someone confirm?

Is there anything else I can do in the mean time?

Oh, and I assume in order to have the same volume on all speakers I need to set this feature to "On" and not "Off" ? - Would you guys recommend using this feature?