PS3's Next Feature: Auto Power-Off (No Operation), Sensitive Remotes - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 PM

Default PS3's Next Feature: Auto Power-Off (No Operation), Sensitive Remotes

Have you left your PlayStation 3 ON all day/night or woke up and it's ON because you accidentally hit the Remote.

All my Components have this feature that it turns itself OFF if there's No Operation say within 3-6 hours, it saves Energy Cost and the Unit itself.

The 80GB is coming and it would be nice if Sony included this feature.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 PM

I wouldn't mind it but nothing I own has an auto-sleep feature other than my computer. Besides I would hate to lose progress in some of my games because I fell asleep playing, and the system decided it was time to shut down.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:10 PM

i wish they would just change the remote so you only have to press AND HOLD one button to turn it on. i have the same problem with waking up or coming home from work just to see my ps3 has been on all day due to my cat stepping on the remote or having accidentally hitting it.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 PM

put your remote in a better spot? Ive never had this problem and I have 2 cats who roam the house or ive never "accidently" just sat on my BD remote, again because it sits in the shelf, not between my couch.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:10 PM

i guess i'm just a slob then, huh illegal? I know how to solve the issue, but the fact that I can leave any other of my remotes laying about and I don't have to worry about the problem is what irritates me....and who said anything about sitting on it?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:38 PM

I agree. Either make it harder to turn on, or have an auto shut off. Don't know how many times the dog has stepped on a button and turned the damn thing on.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:28 AM

The good thing about the PS3 is that it can be left on by accident for hours on end with no problems.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:56 AM

Why must Sony make features that you won't even know about. The auto off isn't as big a feature as DTS-HD Master Audio, which is STILL not supported. This is really getting frustrating since it is almost a year now since BD was released and for some reason, it still hasn't happened dispite many claims that the PS3 would be able to do it.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Master B View Post
Have you left your PlayStation 3 ON all day/night or woke up and it's ON because you accidentally hit the Remote.

All my Components have this feature that it turns itself OFF if there's No Operation say within 3-6 hours, it saves Energy Cost and the Unit itself.

The 80GB is coming and it would be nice if Sony included this feature.
Yeah i swore my ps3 turned itself on twice last week and i didn't think i touched the remote.. oh well. The thing is so damn loud i can tell when it's on at least
Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Just take it out of standby mode. Flip the switch in back. Actually I just flip the switch on my surge protector because the HD-A2 also stays in standby mode and this is a waste of electricity.