I can't play video paid for on the Playstation Network. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 AM

Default I can't play video paid for on the Playstation Network.

I bought a new PS3 to replace my broken one. I paid for a video rental on the PS Network, but when I tried to download it, it won't let me. It gave me a notice that I need to deactivate the other system. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have attached a screenshot of the notice that i got.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3365[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
I can't play video paid for on the Playstation Network.-error.jpg  
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM

You get five activations, are you seriously on your sixth PS3?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
You get five activations, are you seriously on your sixth PS3?
No. This is my second PS3. The alert message says that I need to deactivate my other machine, but i don't know how to do that.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM

Do you still have the other machine? Or have access to it? That would be the quick and easy way to deactivate it. It's actually an option in the XMB.

If you don't have access to the machine, it becomes a pain in the ass. At that point, you have to make a call to Sony and start going through those channels to deactivate it.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Do you still have the other machine? Or have access to it? That would be the quick and easy way to deactivate it. It's actually an option in the XMB.

If you don't have access to the machine, it becomes a pain in the ass. At that point, you have to make a call to Sony and start going through those channels to deactivate it.
I do have the other machine, but it doesn't work. That's why I have a second one. I guess I need to make a call. :blackeye3:
Old 09-25-2011, 02:21 AM

You can activate 5 systems for GAMES, but VIDEO purchases can only be activated on 1 system. Call Sony and explain that you bought a new system to replace your broken one and they will deactivate the old system for you. They might want to see your receipt proving you bought a new one, but maybe you'll be lucky.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:29 PM

how could he be lucky? i do not hink so
Old 03-22-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberboy View Post
I bought a new PS3 to replace my broken one. I paid for a video rental on the PS Network, but when I tried to download it, it won't let me. It gave me a notice that I need to deactivate the other system. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have attached a screenshot of the notice that i got.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3365[/ATTACH]
Also, keep in mind the clock is ticking on your video rental. It's good for 30 days from the day of purchase.

Given your circumstances they'd certainly approve to re-enable the rental it if it expires before your activation issue is resolved but it's a bit bothersome. I had to report a failed rental once (wouldn't download) but I had to hunt for the proper contact number for PSN and even then it took a week for them to re-enable the rental. Not the fastest customer service around.