Pioneer Receiver Issues with PS3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 PM

Default Pioneer Receiver Issues with PS3

I recently bought the Pioneer VSX 920-K 7.1 home receiver. The receiver works great but I am having the same issues with it that everyone else seems to be having with it. I canít get my PS3 to display video or sound. I have read a few message boards on what the actual issue is but have been unsuccessful in resolving the issue. Many forums have been stating that I need to set either the receiverís or the PS3's video settings to Pure. I am unsure which. I am also unsure if the PS3 even has a pure setting? Others have said the PS3 is the problem and I am beginning to think that the PS3 is in fact the issue.

The reason I am thinking this is as followed. I have had my PS3 hooked up directly to a 32 inch Samsung for the past year. I moved the PS3 out to the TV room when my new receiver arrived. I plugged it into the receiver and nothing worked. I tried a few different HDMI cords and nothing worked. I then plugged the PS3 directly into my 50 inch Pioneer elite and was shocked to see that the PS3 was not outputting an image. I then plugged the PS3 directly back into my 32inch Samsung and it worked.

What am I missing? I reset all the settings on the PS3 but still nothing. I am thinking I am missing some type of video setting on my PS3 but just cant seem to figure it out.

Anyone have any advice. :frown:
Old 01-23-2011, 10:01 PM

Its heard that the PS3 as the bad habit of reseting herself when swapped between tv`s or A/V receivers , i also had almost the same problem with a pioneer receiver , 2 of the solutions that i found out was having 2 cables one component the other HDMI and play with my receiver and then adjust the output that i wanted also choosing between DVD=component and HDMI=3 , but the most important was to power up the receiver first then the PS3 . I hope this makes any sense to you and helps