PS3 dropping half the sound - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 AM

PS3 dropping half the sound

When I go to play PS3 games, I can play 1 game, but halfway through the game, half the sound drops. For instance, playing NHL '11, the announcers will stop along with any in game music. I still hear the players, and skates on the ice

This same issue happens with the new WWE Game where all I hear are the wrestlers moving, but no crowd, announcers, or in game music.

Once that game is over, I can't play another game because the system freezes up. Once you have to manually turn off the machine, then it won't read the disc again and you have to wait a bit before playing another game.

Anyways, does anyone have any idea what is going on? Maybe a fan issue or something? Has anyone else had this happen?

I'd like to avoid $300 for a new system, but if I don't then no blu watchin for me as well.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM

i could be wrong here, but i had the same issue and it turned out to be a bad laser. if it's affecting both games and blu ray movies then i would suspect laser issues.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:46 PM

This happened to me. After awhile my PS3 would freeze & the movie/game wouldn't load anymore. I think the stig is right with the laser.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Well, somehow I kinda fixed the issue. I reset the clock & date, and all of a sudden, it started working with no issue.

Strange as that sounds, it started working somehow. But thank you for your responses and help. It is appreciated.