PS3 firmware 1.82 is out! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 PM
dajohn29's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 410
Default PS3 firmware 1.82 is out!

Just turned on my PS3, firmware 1.82 is out. I installed but it doesn't look like it did anything. It's not listed on the PS3 website yet, all I can say is that this firmware doesn't enable DTS-HD Master Audio
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 AM
TheJoker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 86
Default

What was this firmware supposed to do anyways?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Maxx_75's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,918
Default

It just adds a codex for video. I am all about Firmware updates but J H Key Riest could you bundle a few features into a single update instead of 1 little one every 3 days..... its getting annoying.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Formerly Delta_FX
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 934
Default

All the update did was add support for AVC High Profile... that's it. Don't expect anything spectacular.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-28-2007, 03:36 AM
willpooted's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
It just adds a codex for video. I am all about Firmware updates but J H Key Riest could you bundle a few features into a single update instead of 1 little one every 3 days..... its getting annoying.
I agree. I'm not a big fan of digging around for that mini-usb cable.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Pisto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_FX View Post
All the update did was add support for AVC High Profile... that's it. Don't expect anything spectacular.
According to Wikipedia, the AVC High Profile is already the format used on some BDs.
Quote:
Both of the major candidate next-generation DVD rival formats deployed in 2006 include the H.264/AVC High Profile as a mandatory player feature
link

So, I don't understand what's new with this update. Is the PS3 able to play movie trailers from apple.com?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Formerly Delta_FX
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisto View Post
According to Wikipedia, the AVC High Profile is already the format used on some BDs.
link

So, I don't understand what's new with this update. Is the PS3 able to play movie trailers from apple.com?
Yes, I've been playing the 1080p HD trailers from apple.com/trailers since the PS3 came out, after doing a small(and short) convertion, and without losing quality for audio/video.

I'm not sure what exactly this adds, but all I know is that's what official PlayStation Blog said...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
nickdalodger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_FX View Post
Yes, I've been playing the 1080p HD trailers from apple.com/trailers since the PS3 came out, after doing a small(and short) convertion, and without losing quality for audio/video.

I'm not sure what exactly this adds, but all I know is that's what official PlayStation Blog said...
Sounds good, can you explain how I could do this Delta, would love to run the trailers from apple

Pretty Please
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajohn29 View Post
Just turned on my PS3, firmware 1.82 is out. I installed but it doesn't look like it did anything. It's not listed on the PS3 website yet, all I can say is that this firmware doesn't enable DTS-HD Master Audio
Yeah I wasn't expecting DTS MA to show up on this update. I'm really hoping it shows up really soon, at least by the 2.00 update.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2007, 02:02 PM
MrE's Avatar
MrE MrE is offline
Formerly MrENGLISH
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_FX View Post
All the update did was add support for AVC High Profile... that's it. Don't expect anything spectacular.
yep... this update is a joke compared to Sony's usual monthly updates. I'm disappointed in it!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PS3 firmware 3.61 is out! PSN services are rolling out now! ZebraMajor Game Room 127 06-27-2011 08:39 AM
Sony's firmware update for 3D games does exactly what your non-firmware PS3 could... Indy_aka_Rex Gaming Smackdown 242 04-30-2010 02:42 PM
PS3 firmware 2.20 is out! AccordTR Blu-ray and Video Game Consoles 45 04-22-2008 08:57 PM
PS3 2.17 firmware out Gbeav Blu-ray and Video Game Consoles 18 03-14-2008 08:21 PM
New firmware for 1080P24 output for G2 players is out! Firmware v2.5 aaronwt HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 102 10-21-2007 01:01 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off