PS3 Help... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 AM

Default PS3 Help...

I'm trying to get it to play MKV files, I followed a tutorial on how to do this using PS3 Media Server, I have it all set up fine and whatnot but when I go to play a movie it lags quite a bit. Anyone know why this would happen/how to fix?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntZero View Post
I'm trying to get it to play MKV files, I followed a tutorial on how to do this using PS3 Media Server, I have it all set up fine and whatnot but when I go to play a movie it lags quite a bit. Anyone know why this would happen/how to fix?
I couldn't ever get those to stream on the PS3. Fortunately my HDTV has a VGA connection in the back so I simply connected my laptop to the HDTV with a VGA cable (also used another cable for sound) and used VLC to play the MKV file.