Nyko makes an PS3 infrared remote. Use it to teach your Harmony. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-22-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Nyko makes an PS3 infrared remote. Use it to teach your Harmony.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=113
Newegg $14.99

So you could buy this remote, install it on your PS3, then use the remote to teach your Harmony the commands, then use the Harmony remote with the dongle.

Because the remote "replicates all the SIXAXIS™ buttons allowing for full control of the console" you should be able to turn your PS3 off and on with it as well.

I will be doing this as soon as I see one of these remotes in a store. Finally I will be able to control all my home theatre components from one remote!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:31 PM

huh. interesting.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM

I think this is cool in that it replicates the Siaxxis, but the PS3 remote has much more "one-button" functions than the siaxxis. A lot of playback buttons that I would use on the remote, I would have to hit the select button to bring up the menu to select the same function. I think this is a good band aid, but certainly not the "full" solution.

But still good news regardless.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:43 PM

Good stuff. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
I think this is cool in that it replicates the Siaxxis, but the PS3 remote has much more "one-button" functions than the siaxxis. A lot of playback buttons that I would use on the remote, I would have to hit the select button to bring up the menu to select the same function. I think this is a good band aid, but certainly not the "full" solution.

But still good news regardless.
If your remote supports it, simply macro the commands. I feel a bit like George Jetson when I complain about having to push too many buttons on the remote. Still, I'm willing to spend hours devising elaborate macros to do everything in the simplest manner possible.