Tekken 5 on ps3... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

Default Tekken 5 on ps3...

Anyone know wtf Im missing on this one?

I can only go so far, and then the game kicks my ass.

I heard technical fighters are difficult, but does anyone have any hints or suggestions on how to improve?

Is it timing, combos?

I dunno.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM

learn the Combo's my son. it is the way of ass whooping. Side stepping is also very important.

Like Block Block
Side Step
Unleash combo
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 PM

Also, pull off a couple of throws (X+[] or O+Tri) in each match, they're easy as long as you don't get too predictable with them. When your opponent is down, don't let up. Learn what your ground attacks are and make it difficult for them to get back on their feet. Also, when you knock someone far back, immediately start sprinting towards them (double tap Forward and then hold it) and you'll either tackle or stomp them for extra damage.

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Get the Tekken 5 strategy guide, put the difficulty on very easy and then work your way up to ultra hard.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned

Thanks. I was worried I was def loosing my edge when it came to this game. After the 6 or 7th fight, I could barely get up.

I really felt like I was 5 again, with no idea of what was happening other than getting a major ass beating.

Gracias... Got print outs of the combos and moves ready.

Gonna give this one another go!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumoon View Post
Thanks. I was worried I was def loosing my edge when it came to this game. After the 6 or 7th fight, I could barely get up.

I really felt like I was 5 again, with no idea of what was happening other than getting a major ass beating.

Great! Despite being a couple years old, Tekken 5 is still the best fighter out there. Practice up because this will go online soon and maybe we can have a HDD tournament.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:47 PM

juggling is the key to Tekken games.. get some combos going, get em in the air, and keep em there.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumoon View Post

the thing is, the fighting games keep getting more complicated in the sense of, in MK1. there was maybe 30 moves and only forward and backwards. Now you have over a hundred different moves and combos and combo breakers and counter attack and a side stepping and so forth so there is alot more to master