top 5 downloadable ps3 games - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-02-2010, 12:22 AM

Default top 5 downloadable ps3 games

Since I have owned my PlayStation 3 I have been amazed at how many of the best games are downloadable.

Some have captivated me more than big releases can, with classic gameplay that I hope no one else has missed out on.

So what are your top 5 downloadable ps3 games?

Mine:

1. Super Stardust HD

2. Wipeout HD

3. Warhawk (download version is better as I don't have to switch disks!)

4. Mahjong Tales Ancient Wisdom

5. Snakeball
Old 03-02-2010, 08:56 PM

My son and I liked the Ratchet and Clank "Booty" game. Quick and fun and filled the time until the latest came out. Reasonably priced also.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 PM

Pixeljunk Monsters.. great value and lots of fun
Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 AM

Here is my top 5 Down loadable ps3 games:
1 Peggle
2 Burnout Paradise
3 Battle Fantasia
4 Trine
5 Wipeout HD.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:34 AM

- Wipeout HD
- Burn, Zombie, Burn
- Flower (Very unique game)
- Echochrome (Another unique game)
Old 08-15-2010, 03:21 AM

My Top 5

I own TONS of downloadable games on my PS3, but these are my absolute must-own favorites --

1) Flower: One of the most relaxing, fun and unique experiences you will ever have in a video game. thatgamecompany knocked it out of the park with this one, and I can't wait for their future releases. Also be sure to check out their first PSN title, flOw.

2) Battlefield 1943: An online-only "sequel" to the PC classic, Battlefield 1942. Awesome maps and lots of fun to be had. The only problem is that developer DICE decided to not support the title anymore after release, which means you'll probably never see a new map for it.

3) ZEN Pinball: I'm a huge pinball fan, and this game gives an awesome pinball experience. With fun tables right off the bat and an ongoing list of great DLC tables released, this is the ultimate pinball game for the PS3.

4) Critter Crunch: So, so fun, and so cute too. In this original puzzle game, you play as a fuzzy, egg-shaped creature named Bigs who's all mouth. The object is to move Bigs around and eat all the creatures on the screen above you. You also have to attempt to feed your "children" whenever they appear on screen. A very fun and challenging title.

5) Crash Commando: In this side-scrolling action title, you play as small soldiers/warriors and bounce around shooting each other. You can play against the computer, but I personally find it a lot more fun playing local and global multiplayer.

RUNNER-UP -- Joe Danger: This is a spiritual successor to Nintendo's original Excitebike game and it's definitely worthy of the title. Lots of fun (but quite a bit of frustration) to be had here.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

1. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars: R/C Car soccer...100+ hours into this game, probably more than any other disc game, it's both hardcore and incredibly fun. 4-player split-screen online multiplayer support. Best value for moey, ever.
2. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo: A casual game you can play with anyone, without having to buy a Wii.
3. Pixeljunk Shooter: another fun coop game, although a little too short.
4. Burnout Paradise: Incredible value at the price, a full game with a lot of longevity.
5. Flower: a really unique game.