High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   Blu-ray and Video Game Consoles (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-video-game-consoles-19/)
-   -   Went online with my PS3 this weekend!!! (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-video-game-consoles/85169-went-online-my-ps3-weekend.html)

taygan315 05-10-2009 02:24 PM

Went online with my PS3 this weekend!!!
 
Forgive me if I sound a bit too excited but you have to understand. I have never gone online gaming with a console or PC..EVER!! I know..why the hell not,lol. Just basic internet browsing on my computer is as far ''advanced'' I have gotten with online. I just really did not have the desire to play my games online before..until this weekend:D:D!! Man..did I have a blast!! My first game I played online was COD: World At War (Deathmatch). I HAD TOO MUCH FUN!! I sucked,lol,:rolleyes: but I had a great time playing against other people. I was not last and I made a few kills (10 was the most in one match..and I was happy with that). I feel like I have just opened my eyes for the first time after being blind for years!!! I can see why people praise online gaming..it is just so damn fun. Cant wait for next weekend to be off because I am going to try out COD 4, Resistance 2, and COD 3(if people are still playing this game online). I am going to pick up WarHawk and Battlefield 2 because I have always wanted to try these games out but never have because of not being online to really enjoy them.

I also shopped the Playstation Store and downloaded my first download (Wolverine movie trailer). I checked out the whole store and see what all they had to offer. That was pretty cool as well. Checked out BD-Live for the first time on a blu movie I own. That was...meh. Sorry to sound like such a noob to all of you who have been enjoying the above things I have mentioned for quite some time. I get it now..finally after all this time. I guess it is better to come late to the party than not at all,lol.:o

chameleontongue 05-10-2009 02:49 PM

look me up next time your on either cod... except cod3.. online on that is horrible comapred to cod4 and codwaw.. my psn is the same as my hdd name

cloger 05-10-2009 11:13 PM

I hate to admit but I was the same as you, started gaming online just a few weeks ago. Opened my eyes to anew world!

taygan315 05-10-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chameleontongue (Post 1535818)
look me up next time your on either cod... except cod3.. online on that is horrible comapred to cod4 and codwaw.. my psn is the same as my hdd name

Still trying to figure out how to look for friends and such. I'll defintely look you up next time. Thanks bro. I will give your ego a boost because I will give your kill stats a big boost,!-(lol.

taygan315 05-10-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloger (Post 1536048)
I hate to admit but I was the same as you, started gaming online just a few weeks ago. Opened my eyes to anew world!

It's awesome,isn't it!! I just had no idea the fun that can be had playing a shooter online. I dont know if I want to try a racing, action, or a sports game online....but shooters DEFINTELY!! My daughter had to suffer a bit because we have movie night every weekend and this was the first time that we did not see a bbblu movie because I was really into my new ''discovery'' of fun,lol.

nmcmahan52 05-11-2009 08:46 AM

you get a lot of poor sports if you play sports games online, if they're about to lose they'll disconnect so it won't count, same with fighting games

HuskerGuy 05-11-2009 09:31 AM

Congrats on getting online! My first experience was when I got my PS3 and picked up Warhawk as one of my first games. I was hooked for at least 8 months on that game. That said, if you are looking into picking that up, I'd suggest you try the demo (check the PSN store) before you buy it. The game is absolutely amazing, but certainly not for everyone.

nmcmahan52 05-11-2009 10:11 AM

warhawk and cod4 are the most fun i've had as far as online play goes and the most fun i've had since 16 player halo matches via lan in college

taygan315 05-11-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskerGuy (Post 1536231)
Congrats on getting online! My first experience was when I got my PS3 and picked up Warhawk as one of my first games. I was hooked for at least 8 months on that game. That said, if you are looking into picking that up, I'd suggest you try the demo (check the PSN store) before you buy it. The game is absolutely amazing, but certainly not for everyone.

Thanks for the tip about Warhawk. What do you think about Battlefield 2??

taygan315 05-11-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 (Post 1536212)
you get a lot of poor sports if you play sports games online, if they're about to lose they'll disconnect so it won't count, same with fighting games

Other friends of mine have said the same thing. That is a pretty cheap way of avoiding a loss..what is the point in playing if your going to be a bad sport and disconnect to avoid a loss?? Pathetic,really.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.