Originally Posted by Silver_Cat View Post
I am talkin bout this:

http://games.highdefdigest.com/news/..._Formats/13172

good news for the optical users
Nice! I like it!
Old 11-30-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
Just spent the day with a XBob One. Man... both previous gens did more, the hardware and specs look good, and the games looks great, controls are fine as well, but it isn't as good as a xbox 360/ps3 for so many other things like playing mp3 or reading discs with files on it. Can't even download vudu movies or the video sold though xbox live.
It's so stupid that they took out so many good features. I can't believe you can't play a Music CDs at all on the PS4 which is a format invented by Sony. Both consoles feel so restrictive now. They even took out all the media server features that the PS3 had, no sure if it's the same for Xbox One.

Maybe they are doing this to make people spent money on music and videos they already have.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juio View Post
It's so stupid that they took out so many good features. I can't believe you can't play a Music CDs at all on the PS4 which is a format invented by Sony. Both consoles feel so restrictive now. They even took out all the media server features that the PS3 had, no sure if it's the same for Xbox One.

Maybe they are doing this to make people spent money on music and videos they already have.
Honestly they gutted some of the cool functionality and with the xbox one it seems to lock the users out of any real control, it instantly install a game but you can't see the hard drive usage and you can eject the disk with the controller.
One thing it does do is it can stream music from online and play a game online at the same time (I'd assume it could do netflix or whatever as well), the old xbox 360 couldn't but I could stream music from my pc and play a game on line with the 360

I was watching movies on the ps3 over thanksgiving and I don't think the xbox one does half the features (you want data on hat happening streaming a movie or watching disc the ps3 will tell you). I really have come to love the ps3 for online entertainment, I'm disappointed as hell the ps4 and xbox one took giant step backwards, I mean Smart TV and new blu players and media boxes do a hell of a lot more.

I don't hate ether system I'm just don't like the Sony $100 blu player does more for playing file and streaming content. MS was talking this crap up and can't even read music off a USB drive or disc.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:33 AM

These are gaming systems. I understand the need and want to have media with these systems but you really I better off getting something else for media playback that does a WAY better job on video/audio playblack.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I think it is a given that Sony (and Microsoft) rushed their systems to market and cut corners everywhere possible to meet a deadline, including large gaping holes in the O.S..
Sony requiring a system update to play a blu-ray movie, Microsoft's bad bd drives.
I am quite sure that Sony will provide a system update in the future with the audio options we have been used to. Yes, let's make noise so Sony doesn't assume we're content with what we got.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
These are gaming systems. I understand the need and want to have media with these systems but you really I better off getting something else for media playback that does a WAY better job on video/audio playblack.
so....the fact that they are being touted as a "whole" entertainment package is a lie. i swiftly took my ps4 back after hearing all the horror stories about broken drives and such. never even purchased an xbox one. good riddance IMO!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:51 AM

I guess they are right. The whole package is a yet another failure..
Old 01-06-2014, 09:03 AM

Yea, the PS4 was rushed for Christmas, so they will have to patch all of these issues. Wonder how long it will take to get around to?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:40 PM

Version 1.0 of new systems never work right out of the box.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Well you cant really fanboy argue that both are having issues in the OS department, I love my Xbox One and have already started saving for the PS4 later this year, but having a whole new OS and losing a bunch of the great Xbox Live features has been annoying, there is a lot thats great but a lot thats just not working right or plain missing. Not having any access to how much hard drive space you have left is stupid, its supposed to auto attend to that stuff, but most people want to know and want to manage it themselves. Not being able to eject the disc from the controller isnt a big thing but its something I've done for years on the 360 and its not here anymore. Party chat is really weird right now and has issues with who is actually signed in and other strange things, sometimes playing with my wife and a couple of friends on say Call of Duty, one of us will just lose voice capabilities and you cant hear the other people anymore, we are all still in a party with party chat turned on (which has to be done manually when you start a party now, that needs fixed too) and one person cant say or hear anything, then all of a sudden it will just turn itself back on and work again, there is no rhyme or reason why it doesnt work. But having to redesign the whole thing for a new OS on a whole different set of hardware probably had something to do about it. They are working on fixing a lot of this and it will be fixed I'm sure, but its obvious both consoles have some OS fixing to do to work out the kinks, at least I had no other issues and its been a great experience so far