PS3 Wireless Controller Question. - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-24-2008, 02:02 AM

it should work if it is mini usb plug in
Old 12-25-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evizzle View Post
motorola chargers use a different setup than you see with a standard mini-usb plug in terms of which pins actually provide power. If you don't believe me, google 'motorola razr USB driver'. If you want to charge a motorola phone on a computer or other device, you need to install the driver for it.
A usb cable plugged into a computer will charge a controller properly, but I have yet to get anything except a motorola phone charge with a motorola phone charger.
I charge my HTC phone with a motorola phone charger.

Generally, I use a laptop's USB ports to charge my PS3 headset and controllers because I don't like keeping the PS3 powered on. If I do have to use the PS3, like I did the first time I charged the keyboard since it also syncs by plugging in the USB, I just open up Life with Playstation and have it fold a single data packet and then shut down once that's completed. Usually the 6-8 hours it takes to do that, whatever I have plugged in is fully charged.