BD+ is now available - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-19-2007, 09:39 PM

Default BD+ is now available

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=268

MORE GREAT NEWS! Let's hope we see some Fox/MGM titles.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TauHeel05 View Post
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=268

MORE GREAT NEWS! Let's hope we see some Fox/MGM titles.
It has certainly been a great week of news for Blu-ray.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Thank God, it's about time Fox starts getting releases out. I can't wait for The Simpsons Movie, I want it way bad.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:35 PM

i want Point Break, Home Alone 1 and 2, White Men Cant Jump, True Lies

Old 06-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Um, what else do I want from FOX? Oh ya, Date Movie: Unrated Edition, Borat, and The Sound Of Music with TrueHD. (I hate that movie, but my folks have been wanting it pretty bad, how sad)
Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
Um, what else do I want from FOX? Oh ya, Date Movie: Unrated Edition, Borat, and The Sound Of Music with TrueHD. (I hate that movie, but my folks have been wanting it pretty bad, how sad)
lol i really wanted to enjoy Date Movie but i thought it was terrible. Maybe I just expected too much. Only scene really made me laugh was the mocking of Pimp My Ride
Old 06-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Date Movie cracked me up so much, especially with a group of friends it's always fun.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
Independence Day
I-Robot
Die hard Trilogy
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Old 06-20-2007, 01:43 AM

Is anyone worried that this won't work properly on current players? I feel like this is gonna cause an unnecessary headache for early adopters. BD Java titles have problems already and that tech was ready before these players out. Now a brand new tech, which "protects" studios is probably just going to cause problems on current machines. Plus, like all DRM, it is going to be cracked within a year and it won't make a difference to pirates. I feel like when you spend $600+ on hardware and $20-$27 average for the movies, we shouldn't have to worry about it working properly.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Is anyone worried that this won't work properly on current players? I feel like this is gonna cause an unnecessary headache for early adopters. BD Java titles have problems already and that tech was ready before these players out. Now a brand new tech, which "protects" studios is probably just going to cause problems on current machines. Plus, like all DRM, it is going to be cracked within a year and it won't make a difference to pirates. I feel like when you spend $600+ on hardware and $20-$27 average for the movies, we shouldn't have to worry about it working properly.
Yep, that was my first thought. I can't believe Sony would be stupid enough to not have BD+ covered on the PS3 - although probably will require another FW update. But I'll bet this will give a lot of headaches to owners of the Samsung & Phillips 1st gen players.

And did anyone follow the link in the news story to the bdplusllc.com web site? I was curious who's behind BD+, LLC. Not a lot there. The three links they provide for "List of Test Tools", "List of Adopters" and "FAQ" all lead you to the same "Under Construction" page.