'Death Warrior' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-28-2010, 01:38 PM

Default 'Death Warrior' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom has reviewed 'Death Warrior.' This is a great review for what sounds like a truly horrendous film. This Blu-ray isn't any better, with bad video, bad audio, and, well, bad extras. This is just bad. Read the final paragraph and hunt for clues.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2703/deathwarrior.html
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM

linkie no workie
Old 01-28-2010, 02:06 PM

that's better, but damn that sounds bad.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:07 PM

And to think this effort could've gone to a more worthwhile endeavor like one of the rare import reviews.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 PM

Someone wanna let Tom know there's no such thing as "the MMA"?

Just thought it was funny that he spoke of it as if it was some sort of league.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 AM

now who in their right mind would seriously sit down to watch a movie like this and be surprised that it sucks? why sit thru the full 1.5 hours instead of just turning it off after 15 minutes..just wondering. I'm not a fan of these 'undisputed' type of flicks, but looking at the dvd cover & reading about this movie (let alone the title--Death Warrior) alone would tell me that this flick would be nothing less than garbage.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Thumbs down Bottom Line: Tap! Tap! Tap!

I'm going to trust Tom on that one.

* Almost sounds like 'Black Dynamite'...
Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblove11 View Post
now who in their right mind would seriously sit down to watch a movie like this and be surprised that it sucks? why sit thru the full 1.5 hours instead of just turning it off after 15 minutes..just wondering. I'm not a fan of these 'undisputed' type of flicks, but looking at the dvd cover & reading about this movie (let alone the title--Death Warrior) alone would tell me that this flick would be nothing less than garbage.
My understanding is that the reviewers on this site are being paid, thus it's his job to sit through the entire movie. On the other hand, as bad as this movie sounds, I hope the reviewer got paid overtime.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblove11 View Post
Normally I would have, but when doing a review we have to watch the whole thing no matter how bad it is. I wasn't surprised it was bad, but I was disappointed that the fights were so lame.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Normally I would have, but when doing a review we have to watch the whole thing no matter how bad it is. I wasn't surprised it was bad, but I was disappointed that the fights were so lame.
At least you didn't have to sit through commentary tracks as well!