The time is finally here!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-19-2007, 06:51 PM

Default The time is finally here!!!

For me to go Bluray for sure.....with the announcement of Starz releasing the Masters of Horror collection on Bluray this fall (something I've held off purchasing for some odd reason) and being that they own Anchor Bay, I'm finally going to get Bluray 100% now, Anchor Bay was a big one for me being that I'm a HUGE horror/genre fan and they are the majority of what I have in my horror collection, they own the rights to some of the biggest and classic horror films out there, stuff like Re-Animator, the Dead films, Evil Dead and many others.....this is huge for me and I cant wait till I can get a player in my house, I will definitely be buying up that Masters collection!!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
For me to go Bluray for sure.....with the announcement of Starz releasing the Masters of Horror collection on Bluray this fall (something I've held off purchasing for some odd reason) and being that they own Anchor Bay, I'm finally going to get Bluray 100% now, Anchor Bay was a big one for me being that I'm a HUGE horror/genre fan and they are the majority of what I have in my horror collection, they own the rights to some of the biggest and classic horror films out there, stuff like Re-Animator, the Dead films, Evil Dead and many others.....this is huge for me and I cant wait till I can get a player in my house, I will definitely be buying up that Masters collection!!
You will enjoy being format neutral I think we will also see Blu-Ray player prices drop over the next few months.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post

I believe you mean Showtime, not Starz!.

Chris
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 PM

no, he means starz.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=265

http://www.homemediaretailing.com/ne...ticle_ID=10786

welcome to the club vidfreek. you won't be sorry.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 PM

Welcome and enjoy!!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Banned

I have purchased all of the Masters of horror on DVD, but I am not sure I would repurchase them all on Blu-ray. Maybe if they do an inexpensive season 1 set, then I probably would, but releasing them one at a time would probably be a little more exensive. I will however be all over the Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2, Halloween....... the list goes on. Bring on the horror! They also released the Hellboy animated movies. Yeah, I would double dip for those too!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 AM

I havent seen any of the Masters of Horror shows but I will be all over Halloween and other anchor bay releases since I am a horror fan. any really good masters of horror blu-rays worth mentioning for a purchase
Old 06-22-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
I havent seen any of the Masters of Horror shows but I will be all over Halloween and other anchor bay releases since I am a horror fan. any really good masters of horror blu-rays worth mentioning for a purchase
One absolute must is Dario Argento's "Pelts". I loved this one.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:54 AM

I watched the first year, I think 10 episodes of "The Masters of Horror" on Showtime, I thought it was pretty good. I don't know anything about the source and how it might look on Blu-ray. It is good to see something like this released although I will probably pass.

Chris