'Zombieland' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-24-2010, 06:24 PM

Default 'Zombieland' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Zombieland.' He says his expectations may have been a bit too high, but he still loved this zomedy. This Blu-ray has some very nice video and audio and a bloody good splattering of extras. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2841/zombieland.html
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM

I was already going to get this but I'm happy to see the awesome PQ and good AQ as well as the free theme for my PS3. Sounds like it's a better one than the one I got with Pinapple Express.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Yeah, I agree that it might have been a bit too overhyped. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was great, but I think too many people are going to go into this thinking it's a godsend, instead of going in with fair expectations.

I did think it was great, like I said, though.

Last edited by Dack; 01-24-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 PM

I am really liking these movies that have separate digital copies for psp and iDevice. It's very nice... Didn't think I'd ever want a digital copy, then I suddenly found myself with an iPhone and pspgo.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilResident View Post
I am really liking these movies that have separate digital copies for psp and iDevice. It's very nice... Didn't think I'd ever want a digital copy, then I suddenly found myself with an iPhone and pspgo.
how many are there now? all i know of is district 9 and zombieland.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
how many are there now? all i know of is district 9 and zombieland.
The Digital Copy on Hancock is only compatible with PS3 and PSP (not iTunes or WMV).
Old 01-24-2010, 08:44 PM

I agree that the movie was overhyped, and isn't quite up to the level of Shaun of the Dead. But I loved it just the same.

My only (very minor) nitpick about the Blu-ray is that the picture can be really, really dark at times. Of course, it's a zombie movie, so that's appropriate. But it doesn't always look like it was shot that dark. It looks like the raw photography started a little brighter and they graded it down in post-production. This is not really a complaint, just something I noticed. Other than that, the disc looks basically perfect. The detail is just amazing.

Nate mentions the lack of grain in the review. Before anyone goes screaming about DNR, know that this movie was shot digitally, not on film.

The audio is OK, but didn't wow me. There's a decent amount of bass in the mains, but almost no LFE. The surrounds seemed underused as well. Still, pretty good. I agree with all of Nate's scores.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:02 PM

looking forward to this one. Should get it this Tuesday
Old 01-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I agree that the movie was overhyped, and isn't quite up to the level of Shaun of the Dead. But I loved it just the same.

My only (very minor) nitpick about the Blu-ray is that the picture can be really, really dark at times. Of course, it's a zombie movie, so that's appropriate. But it doesn't always look like it was shot that dark. It looks like the raw photography started a little brighter and they graded it down in post-production. This is not really a complaint, just something I noticed. Other than that, the disc looks basically perfect. The detail is just amazing.

Nate mentions the lack of grain in the review. Before anyone goes screaming about DNR, know that this movie was shot digitally, not on film.

The audio is OK, but didn't wow me. There's a decent amount of bass in the mains, but almost no LFE. The surrounds seemed underused as well. Still, pretty good. I agree with all of Nate's scores.
yeah, definitely no DNR.

and woo, we agree!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:20 PM

anyone know if this will be $20 at wally world or best buy, on release?