Where is Stargate SG-1 on BR? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Where is Stargate SG-1 on BR?

Has anyone heard of SG-1 coming out on BR in a boxset or were most episodes shot on VHS?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:47 PM

you mean the TV series?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 PM

Of course. MGM had the rights to it I thought therefore Sony has the rights to it.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 AM

I may be wrong, but I don't think that there are plans right now to put SG-1 on Blu-Ray. I think it is only on standard Def DVD. I haven't heard anything and this website did not list it under the Blu-Ray Release section. I only saw that there may be plans to release Season 1 of Atlantis.

Everything I am saying is based on what I have read in the main homepage of this website.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:03 PM

I think were still far away from seeing TV series getting released on either format, due to limited shelf space and their higher costs. Plus, something like SG1 is not really mainstream so it would be no where on their priority list to pull people in with
Old 06-19-2007, 04:44 PM

I remember something last year that Stargate Atlantis would be getting the HD disk treatment first.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
I think were still far away from seeing TV series getting released on either format, due to limited shelf space and their higher costs. Plus, something like SG1 is not really mainstream so it would be no where on their priority list to pull people in with
Tough because there are only a few series I give a crap about in HD from the U.S. I know were shot in it or film at one point. This includes "Huff", "Weeds", "Stargate SG-1", "Dead Like Me", "Popular" and a few others, WB shows at that.
Too bad because they'd sell to me if the job wasn't a botch one, COUGHWeedsCOUGH. I'm not saying I'd buy said one right away, waiting to see if it hits HD DVD of course but they wouldn't nullify any chance of it happening for a while if ever with that botch job.
Anyway does anyone know if SG-1 was shot on film or HD for the whole run or did it only go to film or HD after Showtime? I'm hoping it was shot on film for the entire run but I've heard P&T joke about how cheap Showtime is.