An Anal Message to Sony - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-17-2007, 12:52 AM

Exclamation An Anal Message to Sony

Hey Sony! PLEASE, for the love of all that is glorious, stop using a strong adhesive coating on your security seals. When they are pealed off, the residue remains and cannot be removed without scrubbing the case edge with soap and a scouring pad. Why would I go to such length to remove a little residue? I hate having cases stick to each other when they are placed on my shelf. And that is exactly what happens with your cases after buying them from the stores and opening them.

I know it is anal, but it isn't needed to use a strong adhesive for these seals. The stuff used for standard DVDs and even the HD-DVDs seem to work fine. But for whatever reason the BluRay discs seem to have a higher adhesive coating.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:10 AM

I share your sentiment... just experienced my first "strong adhesive" debacle last night on a Sony title, and it pissed me off.

Have you given "Goo-Gone" a shot at removing the residue? I don't have any at this moment, but that stuff worked miracles in the past on DVD and CD cases.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:22 AM

Boy I read this so very, very wrong....
Old 06-17-2007, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
lol. Guys use a little Goo Gone. It smells good too.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:43 AM

Put some Goo Gone on a paper towel first, though, rather than just dousing the Blu-ray case with it. Otherwise, you'll end up with a greasy, citrussy mess. Alway's remember, 'a little dab'll do ya!'
Old 06-17-2007, 01:56 AM

had this problem the other night as well.... if you peel off the adhesive fast enough the very tip will leave some residue and you can take the adhesive that you just peeled off and remove it with the adhesive itself. Just place and pull like a piece of scotch tape. You may have to be rather forceful but it should work like a charm. If not you can use goo gone like stated above just be cautious to not get some on the paper sleeve inside. Lemme know if this helps!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:09 AM

I never understood the point in why some titles put them on the top, side and bottom. Isnt 1 enough? I noticed lately the stickers on cds seem to be sticky as well. It used to come off so smooth now you have to peel them off so slowly
Old 06-17-2007, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Is your mind consumed with thoughts of an anal massage?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:50 AM

I hate this too. However there are ways to deal with this.

1. Cut the stickers in half first then remove them from the center out on each side. This helps minimise the stickness.

2. Use the label you just took off to try and get the rest off. This only works for a bit of it but it helps.

3. Use the black security sticker inside to get the rest. It is much stickier that they other stickers and can usually get the rest if you don't touch it with your fingers too much.

4. If all else fails use Goo Gone. It works great and smells good. A dab on a piece of soft cloth works wonders.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:56 AM

Quote:
So did I. I was like a WHAT message? And then I realized he meant anal-retentive and it made sense.