'Ong Bak 2: The Beginning' is coming February 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Default 'Ong Bak 2: The Beginning' is coming February 2

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2850/ongbak2.html
Old 11-23-2009, 04:16 PM

If you like Kung-fu movies, this is the quintessential epic kungfu movie to end all chopsockey flicks, I'm even going to put this up there with Enter The Dragon, on the kick-to-the-face epicness scale.
Seriously Tony Jaa puts everybody to shame, he singlehandly dismantles jet li and jackie chan, not only to wear the crown, but to make them pay for their own jaw reconstruction as well....
EVERY way you could possibly dream of reigning desctructive kicks down like an incarnation of god's righteous wrath, is done without cgi or cables, just pure skull cracking beautiful cinema.

If you have any wish to see a great kungfu cinema, or chopsocky pumped up too 11, or morbid fascination of seeing people willing to have their necks snapped by precision airstrike roundhouses (for the greater good), or you just need to have your balls drop... This IS the movie for you.

Thank god for HdNet movies, this has been on loop through my DVR for the last month...

Seriously I'm not joking, get the hype rolling on this.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:22 PM

If this still has Tony Jaa in it then I'll check it out. He is incredible. The first one was a bit of a tech demo for his abilities but not great filmmaking.

If they could flesh a bit of a comprehensible story and put him in front of it this could make for great entertainment.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:46 PM

I will buy this as a blind buy on day one if the price is reasonable. I liked the original Ong Bak much but haven't seen this second installment yet.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:54 PM

Terrible storyline(almost incoherent), but the fight scenes are impressive. However, that didn't save the whole movie. 2.5/5 overall. If you want to see a better movie and just as impressive with the fight sequences, watch Ip Man starring Donnie Yen.

Last edited by Grimshaw23; 11-24-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney7 View Post
If you have any wish to see a great kungfu cinema, or chopsocky pumped up too 11, or morbid fascination of seeing people willing to have their necks snapped by precision airstrike roundhouses (for the greater good), or you just need to have your balls drop... This IS the movie for you.
What if you like movies to have stories and make sense?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 AM

this is like the tf 2: rotf of martial arts
Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 AM

The fight scenes in this are great especially the fight on top of the elephants but the story is an absolute mess and is barely coherant, and you will find yourself fast forwarding to the fights.

This is in no way a prequel to the original as it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the first one and they clearly just stuck on the name as a marketing ploy for the western audience.

Even worse though is the ending which I wont spoil as it looks to me and anyone I have spoken to about it that they simply ran out of money and just ended the film without shooting the last 10-15 mins. They are now shooting at third to tie up the mountain of lose ends of the second so hopefully it will at least make sense.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimshaw23 View Post
Terrible storyline(almost incoherent), but the fight scenes are impressive. However, that didn't save the whole movie. 2.5/5 overall. If you want to see a better movie and just as impressive with the fight sequences, watch Ip Man starting Donnie Yen.
The truth.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leterface View Post
I will buy this as a blind buy on day one if the price is reasonable. I liked the original Ong Bak much but haven't seen this second installment yet.
I'm in the same boat as you! I really liked the original one and I didn't know that they were planning to release it on BR. I'll bite once it's released too