'Angels & Demons' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Default 'Angels & Demons' - High-Def Digest Review

OK.... let's see if this works.

Our review or 'Angels & Demons' has been posted (fingers crossed). This is an entertaining enough film, but it has its flaws. This Blu-ray has some high quality video and audio, along with some extras that are sure to please fans. Worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2687/angels&demons.html
Old 11-13-2009, 07:43 PM

PQ and AQ are very good on this one.
Any word on why this title was so delayed to the US?

PS
in before the forum crashes
Old 11-13-2009, 07:55 PM

Spot on with the film review David! Looking forward to getting this

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post

PS
LOL, no kidding eh!

I agree with the PQ and AQ for the review. 3.5/5 for the movie seems a tad high. I'd say 3/5 max.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:54 PM

I thought the A&D book was much better than the DaVinci Code book, and I feel the same about the films. Looking forward to getting this.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
PQ and AQ are very good on this one.
Any word on why this title was so delayed to the US?

PS
It was released in May so the delay is not that long. My guess is Sony wanted to release this in time for the holidays to get more exposure. They spent a lot of money making this movie and I doubt it broke even at the box office.

Personally, I am pretty excited for this one. Day 1 buy for me thanks to Amazon's low price.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51 View Post
I thought the A&D book was much better than the DaVinci Code book, and I feel the same about the films. Looking forward to getting this.
I enjoyed A&D more than Da Vinci, and thought the PQ and Aq was better in the sequel too.

I imported this one because my wife loves the books and the first movie ( honestly the first one isn't that bad, 2006 had a lot of movies that sucked more). I thumbed through his new books it look like more of the same, maybe that is a thing good for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
It was released in May so the delay is not that long. My guess is Sony wanted to release this in time for the holidays to get more exposure. They spent a lot of money making this movie and I doubt it broke even at the box office.

Personally, I am pretty excited for this one. Day 1 buy for me thanks to Amazon's low price.
It was release Sept 14th in the Uk and just about every where else.
Yeah it didn't do good here but it wasn't too bad a performer over all
Quote:
Domestic $133,375,846 27.4%
+ Foreign: $352,524,484 72.6%
= Worldwide: $485,900,330
They say it cost $150 million

Last edited by The_Doctor; 11-13-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post

It made 486 million worldwide. If it didn't break even, it ought to be very close.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 11-14-2009, 02:04 AM

I actually enjoyed both films, this may or may not be a day one for me. Though I want to own it, I can probably hold off for a 10 dollar price point in the future.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

I hate the idea of kicking off another fight with David Krauss, but I'm rather insulted and rankled that, in a review where he accuses THE DA VINCI CODE of being aloof and self-satisfied, he behaves in the very same manner with condescending remarks like "'Angels & Demons' is without question a far better, much more enjoyable and involving movie than 'The Da Vinci Code'" (well, guess what?, I question that--I loved ANGELS & DEMONS, but DA VINCI CODE mines far richer thematic material and its more measured pace helps contribute to a more adult and serious-minded tone over it's pulpy sequel) and "Just because you hated 'The Da Vinci Code' (and who didn't?)" (well, as seen above, I didn't hate it, I rank it above ANGELS & DEMONS, and the fact that the sequel bore out almost $500 million in worldwide box office gross strongly indicates a fair number of people were not put off by the prequel). Stick to judging the movie, Mr. Krauss, not its fans.

Note to the Josh Z's of the world, I won't (can't) respond to any "rush to protect our own" attacks on my feelings about Mr. Krauss's derisive, superior tone with fans of THE DA VINCI CODE, since your fellow moderators have made it clear to me that to do so would result in my suspension or expulsion from these boards. What I've stated will simply have to suffice.

Last edited by Cochise; 11-14-2009 at 03:33 PM.