'Child's Play' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 PM

Default 'Child's Play' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Child's Play.' He says this is still a favorite for horror fans. This Blu-ray has only slightly improved video, better audio, some good extras, and Easter eggs! Give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2453/childsplay.html
Old 10-27-2009, 01:16 PM

only slightly improved video and audio?

well then i dont feel so bad being a sucker who bought the dvd from last year. lol
Old 10-27-2009, 01:53 PM

Hi I'm Chucky.. Wannaaa Playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...........
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM

This guy gave me nightmares when I was a kid. Now, all I see is a possessed doll with a sense of humor. Pretty weird how I didn't catch that when I was 7.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:56 PM

I picked this movie up when it first came out at the end of september and I have to say i was more impressed with the PQ than the reviewer was. I say its more than a slight improvement but thats just me. Oh well for fans of Chucky this is a good upgrade.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:51 PM

This is a great horror film, that really stands the test of time pretty well. I too picked this up back in September and it was still a really fun watch. I have to agree though, that the PQ was kind of average catalogue fare.

I find this film to be a lot funnier than I thought it was as a kid, but I still found some scenes to be pretty creepy. The scenes at the end, where Chucky repeatedly comes back all burned up and nasty, although a true horror movie cliche, is still very creepy and well done. I still find these scenes to have some real fun "jump out of your seat" moments. haha.

Also, am I the only one that finds it weird that the Mom in this movie played the mom on "7th Heaven" of all T.V. shows, and she ended up marrying the guy who made the Chucky doll? That fact just weirds me out for some reason.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:02 PM

Any Chucky movie without Jennifer Tilly just isn't a Chucky movie.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
Any Chucky movie without Jennifer Tilly just isn't a Chucky movie.
This comment makes me question your age. Are you in your EARLY 20s or younger? It just seems like anybody who was my age (about 7 years old) when Child's Play first came out wouldn't consider Jennifer Tilly as a staple of this franchise. Jennifer Tilly is the beginning of the end for the Chucky films. IMHO.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
This comment makes me question your age. Are you in your EARLY 20s or younger? It just seems like anybody who was my age (about 7 years old) when Child's Play first came out wouldn't consider Jennifer Tilly as a staple of this franchise. Jennifer Tilly is the beginning of the end for the Chucky films. IMHO.
I agree. Once they started with Bride it kind of went down the drain. It lost something went it went to comedy...I mean I still love Chucky but more for a comical now days due to partially Seed & Bride. I'll always buy Chucky movies. LOL :-D I just love them.

I really like this movie a lot & I'm glad I waited on buying last years "Widescreen" version because I just knew it was coming out on BD somewhere in my heart. LOL :-D I still have the original DVD release "Fullscreen Only version" & will be picking this up sometime this month.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
I wasn't being serious obviously.

Last edited by Dack; 10-27-2009 at 11:05 PM.