'Goodfellas: 20th Anniversary Edition' is coming February 16 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-26-2009, 11:10 AM

Default 'Goodfellas: 20th Anniversary Edition' is coming February 16

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2782...llas_20th.html
Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 AM

I wonder if they're gonna restore this.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 AM

This is one of those movies I've see so many times over the years that I cannot justify buying. It's on TV every other week and I already have it on DVD.

I passed on $15 Batman (1990) and The Matrix BD's at Walmart the other day for the same reason.

~d
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 AM

certainly only worth rebuying if they have redone it.
I guess it will now have HD audio so that's a consideration I guess.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 AM

Best movie ever. Or, best movie of its type anyways. I'll hang onto my HD DVD version for now though. No need for any extra BS.

About the film - How this lost the best picture award to that boring, tripe Kevin Costner crap "Dances with Boredom...err...Wolves" is focking beyond me. A total farce in Academy Awards voting.

Then they give Scorcese a "make up" award for the absolutely horrible "Departed" which was a comedy film at best. Great head-explosions though at the end... it was like Dawn of the Dead.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Best movie ever. Or, best movie of its type anyways. I'll hang onto my HD DVD version for now though. No need for any extra BS.

About the film - How this lost the best picture award to that boring, tripe Kevin Costner crap "Dances with Boredom...err...Wolves" is focking beyond me. A total farce in Academy Awards voting.

Then they give Scorcese a "make up" award for the absolutely horrible "Departed" which was a comedy film at best. Great head-explosions though at the end... it was like Dawn of the Dead.
i agree with you that goodfellas got one of the worst best picture shafts but i completely disagree with you about the departed, which is my absolute #1 of all time. of course, you are road lizard and this is not surprising in the least.

back to the 20th edition, i'll pass cuz i have both the hd dvd and the blu-ray because when hd dvd died i had a short mental breakdown and wanted to change all the bd. fortunately, i got over it. kinda surprised to see this and curious to what the cover art will be if it's any different.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:05 PM

This is one of those that I will never change the channel on it I happen to cross it channel surfing. I sit there and think I'll watch it for a few since I've seen it so many times ... right. Would absolutely buy it if the Blu-ray offers any sort of upgrade to the DVD.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i agree with you that goodfellas got one of the worst best picture shafts but i completely disagree with you about the departed, which is my absolute #1 of all time. of course, you are road lizard and this is not surprising in the least.

back to the 20th edition, i'll pass cuz i have both the hd dvd and the blu-ray because when hd dvd died i had a short mental breakdown and wanted to change all the bd. fortunately, i got over it. kinda surprised to see this and curious to what the cover art will be if it's any different.
I expect nothing less, Boston!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:27 PM

I think I'll get it, even though I have the Blu-ray already (and used to have the HD-DVD). At least, I will if it is a Digibook like I expect it will.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 PM

Not really sure about this. I already own the hd dvd and have actually watched it a couple times in the last few weeks. The only way I would rebuy is if it was completely restored, and came in some cool special edition case.