'Superman/Batman: Public Enemies' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-28-2009, 08:03 PM

Default 'Superman/Batman: Public Enemies' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom has reviewed 'Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.' He thought they went a bit too far in cutting down the plot for this adaptation, but says action fans should be happy with the results. This Blu-ray has exquisite video, shameful lossy audio, and some good (but occasionally repeated) extras. Fans will want to pick this up, others should give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2542...icenemies.html
Old 09-28-2009, 08:33 PM

I'm glad they left out Loeb's internal dialogue from the graphic novel. The whole thing didn't really add new information, and just simply served the purpose of retreading the ground that Batman and Superman are the DCU's Odd Couple. So if that's the biggest element they've dropped, I'll consider this an improvement.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:11 PM

wow..all those little featurettes for previous movies seem pointless.

i mean chances are very high that whoever is buying/renting this already owns or has at least seen the othe DC movies. so why shove all those on here? especially considering most of them have been out for months if not over a year.

since the days of VHS until i die, i'll never understand the idea of putting trailers for upcoming releases on home video. it wastes space for nothing and becomes moot soon after. and i would argue that least with DVD and Blu-Ray you can just skip over them but sadly too many releases dont even let you do that.

ANYWAY.....this movie looks cool but going by the past releases, it'll be on tv soon enough so i'll wait.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 PM

Fans should just rent it. It's a slap in the face to real fans. What if Braveheart removed the whole romantic backstory or Gladiator removed half of the arena battles?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:56 PM

Rather disappointed with the supplements, especially with them all being in SD, and the fact that, yet again, Warner Bros. has packaged a stupid Windows only digital copy.

I guarantee you that tomorrow you'll be able to buy the movie in the iTMS for $15, so there would be no reason to not allow Mac owners to have a copy as well.

I swear to God I'm so tired of Warner flip-flopping on their releases for DC animated titles, it's like they don't even care anymore, never mind the fact that there are likely millions of fans like me who support DC and their franchises as a direct result of the 90's cartoons.

This just became a low priority buy for me.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:13 AM

Why do they refuse to make Hush, Long Halloween and the many other great Batman graphic novels.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:36 AM

I would like to rent this just because i'm a Batman nut, but these seem to always be a letdown. I was horribly dissapointed with The Gotham Knight or w/e it was.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:26 AM

to be honest, the graphic novel and all its batman/superman follow ons arent that great for intelligent stories, but their fun to read. The only thing this particular graphic novel really did was set up the origins of the new super girl, and set up the whole fall from grace of lex luthor in the public eye.

Its one of those books which drove the lore of DC, added some nice things, but as a stand alone book it didnt really do much.

Im surprised they mad an animation from it though, not what i wud have expected. Did they include the massive meteriote in this? cos at least that wud set up the story of the other books.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM

No High Def audio? WTF?! That pisses me off. For someone who supported high def right from the get go, they keep forgetting that the purpose of a high def release is for video AND AUDIO!!!! This is just as bad as the fact that they keep releasing their TV series in 4x3 even though they are animated in 16x9. God, what assnines are running their decisions????
Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 AM

It's a little short but it's a fun movie.Lots of superheroes and lots of action for a change. Big muscles,big jugs.