'Crash: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-21-2009, 09:45 PM

Default 'Crash: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'Crash: The Complete First Season.' He says the show has its fans, but he isn't one of them. This just covers the same issues as the movie. There's no new ground! This Blu-ray has middle of the road video and audio and a few extras. Unless you're a fan, skip it.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2367/crash_s1.html
Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 PM

I have no interest in this series. Crash (the movie) was one of the worst Oscar winner's I have ever seen. I cannot believe the fanfare this film generated, with its antiquated views on racism and ridiculously unbelievable characters, dialogue and stories. The only thing that depressed me about the film was the 115 minutes I lost while watching it.

The one scene that I cannot forget is where some locksmith repaired the door at a convenience store, then got into an argument with the owner over money, going off about how he needs to be paid for his honest work to feed his family. The owner simply refuses to pay, so the locksmith then says "FINE!" and promptly leaves. If you needed the money enough to have a five minute screaming match with some bigot, why would you just suddenly back down and walk away? At the very least, I would have removed the lock I had just installed. Stupid.

Considering this film is in the IMDB Top 250, I am clearly in the minority... but it does make me chuckle that movie-of-the-week trash like this can be hailed as avant garde!

Commence flaming... NOW!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
TV shows require quite an investment of time and energy, so they must meet high expectations or get tossed aside for something better.
...and this is better than 90% of what's on TV.