WB starts moratorium: Caddyshack, Exorcist and Dr. Zhivago in 2010 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-06-2009, 09:52 PM

Default WB starts moratorium: Caddyshack, Exorcist and Dr. Zhivago in 2010

Quote:
Warner Home Video has announced a moratorium initiative that will see North American sales on three best-selling titles frozen for the last four months of the year. The moratorium begins September 4 and includes Video-on-Demand, Electronic Sell Through and all digital delivery. The titles will then be re-introduced at various dates throughout 2010 in new editions celebrating a confluence of events: anniversaries, stunning remasterings, and spectacular new Blu-ray debuts.

The titles include:

CADDYSHACK (anticipating the first Blu-ray release for its 30th anniversary)

THE EXORCIST (anticipating the first Blu-ray release and Special Edition DVD)

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO (anticipating the first Blu-ray release for its 45th anniversary)

Stated Jeff Baker, WHV’s Executive VP and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog: “As the saying goes, ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder.’ We know film fans will be eagerly awaiting the return in 2010 of these iconic films. And we’re going to make it worth the wait, with beautiful remastered prints, recovered previously lost footage, and exciting new bonus content all with the latest Blu-ray technology.”
FYI

None of these titles interest me I'm sure some others of you care
Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Banned

Can this possibly mean Warners has reconsidered releasing only the stupid "Version You've Never Seen" of THE EXORCIST?! Dare we dream?!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 PM

I'm gonna guess that Goodfellas also sees a 2010 double-dip digibook release with an HD audio track to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Can this possibly mean Warners has reconsidered releasing only the stupid "Version You've Never Seen" of THE EXORCIST?! Dare we dream?!
How great would that be! Dare to dream indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSireeBob View Post
I'm gonna guess that Goodfellas also sees a 2010 double-dip digibook release with an HD audio track to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
Don't tease! GoodFellas is my all-time favorite movie. That'd be one disc I'd be thrilled to double dip on if a new version comes out with lossless audio.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSireeBob View Post
That would be awesome!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zombie- View Post
How great would that be! Dare to dream indeed.

Don't tease! GoodFellas is my all-time favorite movie. That'd be one disc I'd be thrilled to double dip on if a new version comes out with lossless audio.
A new transfer wouldn't be too bad either.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:31 AM

Dr. Zhivago is one of my all time favorites. I am very excited about this announcement! First day buy for me, at any price!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post
Dr. Zhivago is one of my all time favorites. I am very excited about this announcement! First day buy for me, at any price!!!
Yep - I would welcome the opportunity to replace my laser disc of Dr. Zhivago with a top quality high definition version. Not at any price, however. Patience is the key here - it will be $15 before you know it.

If BD releases of previously released HD-DVDs so far is any indication - the Caddyshack blu-ray release will most likely be a yawner for those of us who already have it on HD-DVD.

Not sure how I feel about the Exorcist since I never was a huge fan of that one.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:16 AM

they did this last year with the "big" classic titles like "Woodstock" etc. etc.
"Doctor Zhivago" has been on my most wanted list since day 1 so very excited about that one.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post
+1

Count me in for a first day purchase next year.