'Comrades' (UK Import) - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM

Default 'Comrades' (UK Import) - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Comrades.' He says this is a largely unknown cinematic giant. This features a strong presentation and great extras. Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2609/comradesUK.html
Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM

Great review, Nate. I'm going to have to give this one a spin.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:43 PM

This site spends waaaaaaaay too much time reviewing bad movies.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Thanks for the excellent review. This slipped under my import radar, I'll be picking up a copy.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 PM

Cochise, you got me for a second. Irish blood was boiling.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Cochise, you got me for a second. Irish blood was boiling.
Sorry, I was quoting a post in the Miss March review thread that I thought was pretty silly. I thought re-posting in a thread with such a high quality review of what sounds like an excellent movie kind of highlighted how silly the post was. I'll watch out not to get that Irish blood pressure boiling again.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Former Member

lolz @ the cochise.

if anyone wants to argue that Comrades is not a borderline unknown/obscurity, hit up the IMDB, and see how few votes it has. CARBABES is in the same amount of votes. CARBABES. scary company to be in right there.

the way the BFI handles their releases, they're much like the quality of the Criterion Collection. nice packaging, booklets, good film restorations, with a strong sense of what films belong under their wing. just sayin', for all the Criterion whores who want some similar films.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
lolz @ the cochise.

if anyone wants to argue that Comrades is not a borderline unknown/obscurity, hit up the IMDB, and see how few votes it has. CARBABES is in the same amount of votes. CARBABES. scary company to be in right there.

the way the BFI handles their releases, they're much like the quality of the Criterion Collection. nice packaging, booklets, good film restorations, with a strong sense of what films belong under their wing. just sayin', for all the Criterion whores who want some similar films.

I'm a Criterion whore.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Will this work in my PS3?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Former Member

Region Free, so yes. worked in my Region A PS3 a-ok, feature film AND extras.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
lolz @ the cochise.

Arkadin has a very good thread on the BFi releases in the BD Imports Subforum, including info if they're region free or not. To be honest, I've pretty much overlooked them, but after this review I'm going through giving them all a second look. And yeah, info on them at Imdb.com is pretty sparse, most of these seem to be largely overlooked in the US.