Observe and Report -> 9/22 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 AM

Observe and Report -> 9/22

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...nd-report.html
Old 07-31-2009, 11:08 AM

Wow:

"The DVD release will include widescreen and full screen versions of the film, and no extra material. The Blu-ray release will include a picture-in-picture commentary track with Seth Rogan, Anna Faris, and director Jody Hill, additional scenes, a Forest Ridge Mall: Security Recruitment Video, a Basically Training - Hollywood's Latest Loose-Cannon Action Star Unleashed featurette, and a gag reel."

Incentivizing the BD release much?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 AM

Best movie of the year by far.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM

I'll probably be blind buying this one along with I love you man.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:45 AM

This movie was nothing more than Paul Blart with obscenities and a male flasher. It had a few laughs but will likely just be a rental at best to see the extras as the movie is fairly forgettable.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckydan View Post
This movie was nothing more than Paul Blart with obscenities and a male flasher. It had a few laughs but will likely just be a rental at best to see the extras as the movie is fairly forgettable.
If you're judging this movie by the laughs per minute you're looking at it the wrong way.

About halfway through this movie it stops trying to be a comedy (although it is funny).
Old 07-31-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerknowledge View Post
Wow:

"The DVD release will include widescreen and full screen versions of the film, and no extra material. The Blu-ray release will include a picture-in-picture commentary track with Seth Rogan, Anna Faris, and director Jody Hill, additional scenes, a Forest Ridge Mall: Security Recruitment Video, a Basically Training - Hollywood's Latest Loose-Cannon Action Star Unleashed featurette, and a gag reel."

Incentivizing the BD release much?
It's about time. Blu-ray releases should be premium. If people want extras they should be buying blu-ray. If people want top quality and all the film has to offer, they should be buying blu-ray.

All that ranting out of the way, I have not seen this film, but I'm a Rogen fan. I'll be blind buying it, for sure. Freddy
Old 07-31-2009, 01:49 PM

I thought it was pretty damn hilarious and very underrated.

When I saw it at the theatre, half the people (mainly young people, too) walked out during a certain nude scene.

Spoiler
I guess seeing a penis is a threat to guy's masculinity.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:08 PM

Best film of the year so far.

Funny, sad, and uncomfortable... sometimes all at once.

The Paul Blart comparison is a really superficial once and doesn't extend much further than brief plot summations.

Being a fan of Jody Hill and what he did with Eastbound and Down and The Foot Fist Way, I expected this to be funny and profane and it delivered... what I didn't expect was how joyously cinematic this film is. There are some spectacularly shot scenes that harmonize perfectly with the song choices.

This is going to look and sound spectacular on Blu. I imagine there will be better films by years end, sure. There might even be more daring ones. But I do think this will remain the oddity of 2009. How such a bleak, funny, bitter, and wholly different film could be released by such a mainstream studio. It's very existence is good news to anyone who likes their films to take a risk or two.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:21 PM

Cant wait.

I'm a big Jody Hill fan. His style does take a little to get accustomed too, definitely not for someone expecting just an average mainstream comedy.
Missed this one in theaters, so for me its a safe blindbuy.

If you don't know who Jody Hill is check out The FootFist Way and Eastbound and Down... because if you get to know Jody Hill you get to know Danny McBride