'Powder Blue' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-30-2009, 02:22 PM

Default 'Powder Blue' - High-Def Digest Review

Hey hey there kids! Have we got a treat for you today! Nate has reviewed 'Powder Blue." Wow, it looks like this film is as bad as its title! Rotten Tomatoes gives it 14%! Anyway, this Blu-ray is also a disaster, with troubled video, slightly less troubled audio, and a few extras that would be better if the film itself were a bit improved. Skip this one.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2178/powderblue.html
Old 07-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Call me crazy but I streamed this movie off of Netflix and I actually enjoyed the movie. Sure there are some bad parts but overall I've seen much worse get far better reviews on this site. To me the plot line was interesting, it was pretty well acted and deserves just a tiny bit more respect then it got.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:09 PM

I saw this on DVD (since I had the non-Blu plan on NetFlix at the time for catching up with non-Blu releases), so I can't comment on the Blu-Ray quality.

However, I agree with GardenVariety -- I liked this movie and found the story interesting.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Formerly weaponX6282

I will watch this for the obvious (Jessica Biel). if it's available to stream, all the better!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM

I too will be viewing this film.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 PM

Saw Biel's nude scenes online a few months ago. That's all I need to see of this movie.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:05 PM

Why the hate for Crash? I thought it was good.

Ill rent it.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Why the hate for Crash? I thought it was good.
It's a polarizing movie: love it or hate it. Personally I'm in the hate it category kinda agree with the "Racism for Dummies" label it gets stuck with. Not calling you a dummy for liking it though, as tastes will vary.

Putting aside the merits (or lack thereof) of the movie itself, it will forever been seen as the movie that stole Best Picture from Brokeback Mountain, a moment that demonstrates just how cowardly the Academy can be.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMajor View Post
It's a polarizing movie: love it or hate it. Personally I'm in the hate it category kinda agree with the "Racism for Dummies" label it gets stuck with. Not calling you a dummy for liking it though, as tastes will vary.

Putting aside the merits (or lack thereof) of the movie itself, it will forever been seen as the movie that stole Best Picture from Brokeback Mountain, a moment that demonstrates just how cowardly the Academy can be.
But Brokeback Mountian was nothing new, because "all independant films are about gay cowboys eating pudding"
Old 07-31-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
Saw Biel's nude scenes online a few months ago. That's all I need to see of this movie.
well, just search for it on metacafe then
it's free