'Lost: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 PM

Default 'Lost: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Josh has reviewed 'Lost: The Complete First Season.' He says this is arguably the show's best year. You have to read the full review, but this Blu-ray set delivers, with great sound, picture, and extras. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2191/lost_s1.html
Old 07-26-2009, 08:27 PM

An amazing show and a day and date purchase for me. Re-watching the first season again made me appreciate how and how unique each season is
Spoiler
(with this season more about character development and less about time traveling and DHARMA).
Excellent video and audio and a welcome addition to my library. I agree with Josh completely... except to me is a must own.

EDIT: could be slightly spoilerish if you've never seen the later seasons

Last edited by ao7996; 07-26-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:29 PM

I started with 'Lost' on blu-ray after many recommendations from friends who watch it during the season. I actually kind of regret it, because now I can't bring myself to watch anything else on my shelf... I watched season 1 in 3 1/2 days and am getting through season 2 at almost the same pace. WARNING: This show is addicting! I can't wait to see where it goes in seasons 3-5, and wouldn't watch it any other way than blu.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp161 View Post
I started with 'Lost' on blu-ray after many recommendations from friends who watch it during the season. I actually kind of regret it, because now I can't bring myself to watch anything else on my shelf... I watched season 1 in 3 1/2 days and am getting through season 2 at almost the same pace. WARNING: This show is addicting! I can't wait to see where it goes in seasons 3-5, and wouldn't watch it any other way than blu.
Oh man, I wish I could experience the Season 2 finale for the first time again.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Former Member

Still haven't seen a single episode. I may try it eventually, but Dexter is my next in line.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Still haven't seen a single episode. I may try it eventually, but Dexter is my next in line.
It's a great series, but like Josh says, it really needs to be watched from the beginning in sequential order. If you don't, well, you'd be totally LOST.

Same with 'Dexter' really.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Oh man, I wish I could experience the Season 2 finale for the first time again.
can't wait now that you said that.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:23 PM

Josh...great review.

I watched the first 3 seasons on DVD last summer and had to wait a VERY long 3 months for season 4 on Blu-ray. I've never been this addicted to a TV series in my life...hell, I've lost sleep trying to figure out cliffhanging episodes! The only other time that has happened to me was when I was addicted to "Age of Empires," when that consumed 2 years of my life!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 PM

Lost is my favorite show but I always wait to watch it on dvd/blu-ray because I don't like watching it one episode at a time on TV. I can't wait until I get my Season 4 from Deep Discount. I'm waiting to get Seasons 1 & 2 since I already have them on dvd. Season 3 is one of my favorite blu-rays and looks incredible so I can't wait to watch Season 4 for the first time.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Mine too. Working my way through standard def Six Feet Under now.