'Ghost Town' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Default 'Ghost Town' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Ghost Town' has been posted. This one was a surprise treat. The Blu-ray offers strong video, fairly good audio, and some good extras. This one is highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1960/ghosttown.html
Old 07-16-2009, 08:46 PM

Pretty decent romantic comedy. If you need a movie to watch with a girl this one isn't a bad choice, it's actually pretty funny too at times.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:50 PM

I thought this movie was pretty good at times...above average romantic comedy that definitely has its moments. Not something I'd pay full price for...but if I found it for cheap I'd probably own it.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 PM

This was such a surprisingly good movie.

I love Greg Kinnear.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:03 PM

Fine movie and fine review, but how about 7 months sooner guys. Come on.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:03 PM

I just watched this the other night on SD DVD (what the hell is that??) and I thought it was great. I wasn't expecting much, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 PM

i loved this movie, i've seen it probably 4 times now since cinemax has started showing it plus the one time on bd

it reminds me of heart and souls, the robert downey jr classic
Old 07-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Former Member

i wasn't a fan of the film, personally, but i can see where people are enjoying it. it turned me off from the start, but sam enjoyed the hell outta it.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

The beginning turned me off too, but I enjoyed it more after the first 20 minutes.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post
Fine movie and fine review, but how about 7 months sooner guys. Come on.
I'd love to have seen this review posted a lot sooner myself, as my own review at Amazon was done months ago (end of December '08), long enough ago that it took me a while to even find that review there. On the plus side, I see from the reviews there that at least the film seems to be still enough in demand to generate some fairly recent reviews there too so it's not as much of an undiscovered gem as I might otherwise think.

Regardless, it's a very good film though not for everyone. It's perhaps a bit too charming, quirky, and cute for many people to really enjoy, especially people that need explosions and action in order to be entertained. Consider it a nice date movie and you'd probably be just fine or at least not bored to tears.

In my case, I still haven't bought a copy yet (at least I don't think I have, but I'm getting back to the point that my collection is big enough that I wind up buying duplicates every now and then because I've loaned out a batch of discs and can't find the copy that would otherwise be on the shelf right in front of me...) because it's a bit over priced, but eventually I'll get a copy. If I was less worried about getting a more 'used' copy than I'd like (I prefer 'like new,' though many Amazon sellers tend to over-rate their discs and call something that is heavily used 'like new' when it clearly wasn't) I'd already have snagged a copy.