'Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM

Default 'Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.' He says this is the sequel/reboot that nobody asked for. The movie is pretty, pretty, pretty bad, but this Blu-ray is fairly strong. This is a good disc for a bad, bad flick.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2435...terchunli.html
Old 07-16-2009, 03:08 PM

This was better then 12 Rounds, alot better.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:14 PM

I just saw this last night. I facepalmed when Shadaloo was turned into the "Shadowlau Investment Group".

Ugh...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
This was better then 12 Rounds, alot better.
i saw both within a few days of each other. i will have to disagree with you on this one.

i had NO hopes for either film, so it's not like i was let down by this one. one was semi-ok, not great, but not awful, while one was a pointless abomination.

both have poor acting, but at least 12 Rounds was semi-coherent.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:22 PM

How could any movie with Michael Clark Duncan be bad!?

...oh wait.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:22 PM

I thought if you take away the Street Fighter name it was a decent fighting film, not great but not horrible lol. 12 rounds for was just been there done that over and over again.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 PM

Ha! I actually laughed out loud when I saw this on the review list. I also grew up on Street Fighter II, so I had to see this out of sheer morbid curiosity.

It sucked pretty hard. The story was lame and didn't feel like Street Fighter at all, and the fighting wasn't even that great-- too much fake/slow-mo/wirework fighting.

Actually, my favorite thing about the movie was Chris Klein as Charlie Nash. Every single time he would say anything, me and my brother would bust up laughing. Hell, sometimes he didn't have to say anything and the look on his face when he enters a room was enough to get us going.

I would declare this the shittiest flick of the year, but I haven't seen Dragonball: Evolution yet
Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Yes Dragon Ball better not get 1 star, OMG it was horrilbe, I tried to love it but it wasnt NOTHING like the anime, they changed EVERYTHING!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:36 PM

I have to agree with most of the review, this movie sucks. I disagree with it being better than the original. The first is "so bad its good", imo. I have watched that movie countless times and will continue to do so. Love it.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten View Post
I have to agree with most of the review, this movie sucks. I disagree with it being better than the original. The first is "so bad its good", imo. I have watched that movie countless times and will continue to do so. Love it.
Yeah, I agree with that. Street Fighter seemed to know it was a bad movie and really ran with it. It's pretty funny. This new movie was trying to take itself really seriously and failed miserably.