Flight 666 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-26-2009, 03:56 PM

Default Flight 666

Has anyone here got it? I've been wanting to pick it up but I haven't really seen much about its PQ/AQ. Is it worth getting?

Also, can we expect a review of it here anytime soon?
Old 06-26-2009, 04:04 PM

From What I hear it awesome sounding and looking! I seen it the day I got Ghostbusters. I wish I bought Iron Maiden instead ...maybe next week.

~d
Old 06-26-2009, 04:14 PM

I've been a huge Maiden fan for a long, looong time. Although I haven't liked much of anything or bought much from them since 7th Son, I still consider them one of my favorites of all time. I bought this, and don't regret it at all. It cements their legendary status, worldwide acclaim and talent. I love it.

Also, as noticed, I can't really objectively review this because I do like them so much and even if it were 2 channel stereo and 480I handicam footage - I'd still recommend it as a go...haha

The premise alone is worth buying. The band, flying around the world on a custom 757 airplane named Ed force One, captained/flown by Bruce himself....

I'd say if you are just a so-so fan of Maiden, and are looking for a Blu Ray concert (because decent ones are in short supply), the sound quality and video are just good enough to warrant a purchase. Nothing jaw-dropping. But - if you are a true fan of Maiden, there is just no way you should pass this up.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm a huge Maiden fan, and I probably should have just bought it anyway, it's just that money is a bit tight at the moment so I have to be more picky than I usually would be.

Thanks again
Old 06-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutality View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm a huge Maiden fan, and I probably should have just bought it anyway, it's just that money is a bit tight at the moment so I have to be more picky than I usually would be.

Thanks again
The PQ and AQ on this is just fucking amazing. You have the documentary part where you only get portions of the songs and then you can go to the other part where the songs are there complete. I would highly recommend it.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:40 PM

Excellent Blu Ray disc! Shot with all HD cameras, It looks & sounds great.

The documentary flows well & never gets boring at any point. The offstage stuff with the band is interesting & the foreign crowds are insane.

The band is as good as ever. The 3 guitar attack is killer. Bruce is singing as good as ever. The only setback for me was the setlist. There's about 5 tracks that could have been different for my tastes.

I'd much rather have some Machine Head on Blu, though!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
The PQ and AQ on this is just fucking amazing. You have the documentary part where you only get portions of the songs and then you can go to the other part where the songs are there complete. I would highly recommend it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMb View Post
Excellent Blu Ray disc! Shot with all HD cameras, It looks & sounds great.

The documentary flows well & never gets boring at any point. The offstage stuff with the band is interesting & the foreign crowds are insane.

The band is as good as ever. The 3 guitar attack is killer. Bruce is singing as good as ever. The only setback for me was the setlist. There's about 5 tracks that could have been different for my tastes.

I'd much rather have some Machine Head on Blu, though!
OK, OK, seems like I definitely need to buy this ASAP then

And yeah, I'd love to see MH's next release on Blu-ray, but I very much doubt it'll happen.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:15 AM

The concert part is awesome. Very good sound and picture.

It's also good news that Harris decided to cut down on the hard cuts, so it's less sickening to watch.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 AM

I have this sitting here, but have not watched yet.

Audio quality/mix for the concert portion has gotten mixed reaction around the forums which is one reason I am not more excited to pop this in. One common complaint is the bass is a bit burried I should have time to listen this next week and hear for myself.