'Jeff Beck - Performing This Week: Live at Ronnie Scott's' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 PM

Default 'Jeff Beck - Performing This Week: Live at Ronnie Scott's' - High-Def Digest Review

A Thursday evening treat for our Blu-ray concert fans!

Jeff Shannon has reviewed 'Jeff Beck – Performing This Week…Live at Ronnie Scott's.' He says this is one of the very best concert discs available on Blu-ray. This release features strong video, exceptional audio, and some extras that just add to the experience. This is highly recommended. Buy it. Now.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2532/jeffbeck.html
Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 PM

Jeff Beck is a GOD.

I must import this!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:07 PM

love JB.
this sounds hot as shit.
saw him from row 3 on the guitar shop tour with SRV.
amazing show.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:10 AM

Ive had this for around 3 months,its the real deal man.
the sound is about as good as it gets,jeff is smoking and the crowd knows what they are listening to.
6 out of 5 stars
Old 06-26-2009, 02:07 AM

[anxiously consults http://bluray.liesinc.net/ ...]

Region free... phew!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:21 AM

I just added this to my wish list!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:25 PM

This is the only disc so far that I pre-ordered, and I was thrilled when it arrived.

As I said in a thread several weeks back, this is in my opinion the best musical performance available on Blu-ray today. It's priceless.

Nobody plays like Jeff Beck. His riffs are not always perfect, but he's always so "on the edge " playing flat-out impossible stuff that slight imperfections are integral to his art. He often plays quarter tones, adding an Oriental feel to the music, but that again sounds sligtly out of tune to the untrained ear, but in fact is exactly in tune if you get where he's going with it. Amazing stuff.

I imagine musicians in the future trying to do a "tribute album" to Beck, and the greatest tribute will be that it won't sound anything like him.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:17 AM

I just sit there with my jaw in my lap and your right ,you cant play like that and not make little mistakes.
hope steve morse would do another dixie dregs concert in a place just like this, as a gift for us that have been listening to them for so many years and have only been let down so far on dvd that is
Old 06-28-2009, 11:21 PM

Just watched this and thought the audio was very good and video was just average for a BR concert.

The show itself was a bit flat IMHO.....I can certainly appreciate the talent on stage, but the music just did not speak to me for whatever reason.....Jeff Beck just did not do much for me as a guitarist. Oh well still a great audio experience, the bass player was cute (how old is this girl?) and the bonus set was fun.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:33 PM

she is about 22