Now with BR, anyone have a tough time going to the theatres? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-20-2009, 01:22 AM

Default Now with BR, anyone have a tough time going to the theatres?

I do, today was the first time I've seen a movie in the theatres in at least 2 years. I used to go to the movies a lot with friends, infact it was a weekly thing.

But since having my own HT and BR collection with HD pic and sound, the theatre fails in comparision. Film picture just seems blurry and lacks detail. Most of the time film picture is way too dark!

Plus the seats aren't as comfy as mine and you have to wear clothes in the theatres! I went at the 1PM show cause it would be dead, even though I still had a few high school skunks behind me that I had to tell to STFU.

- sticky floors
- smelly washrooms
- stinky food
- all the obnoxious teeny punks
- no pausing for washroom break...so you either hurry your pee break or hold your bladder
- can't bring in your own food (I always had to sneak mine in, the best was bringing in a sushi boat lol).

How could anyone ever want to back to the theatres anymore?

Last edited by SweetBrownsugar; 06-20-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:42 AM

For some time now I've only gone to the theaters for big spectacle stuff like Star Trek, Transformers and comic movies with the very rare exception of somethig like Public Enemies that just really grabs my attention.

Everything else I wait for Bluray.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:06 AM

Theatres are extremely useful for dates or just going out with friends.

But I also use going to the theatre to help me decide what I want to buy when it comes to video. It's like a rental, but larger and more exciting.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:21 AM

Well, when it comes to movies there's nothing like the feeling of laughing along with 100 other people at the same joke - or cheering when the villain gets his, so I'm not done with theater going, altogether.

On the flip side, there's nothing more annoying then sitting near some chowder-head who won't shut the hell up during a movie I really want to see. That has certainly curtailed my theater going.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_C View Post
Well, when it comes to movies there's nothing like the feeling of laughing along with 100 other people at the same joke
It's not as awesome when it's only you laughing at the joke. Like when I saw Hot Fuzz.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:37 AM

Well to me, I still go to theater to watch movies regardless of picture quality. In fact, the new digital projection in the main theater in my town takes HD to the next level with superior picture and audio that beats home theaters with its uncompressed picture and audio.

Movie theaters in my town will always have better sound simply because it's louder than what your home theater can achieved and worry free about disturbing neighbors.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:38 AM

Only reason i don't go to the theatre as often is because there seems to be mostly "meh" movies coming out lately, and our local cinema is shit, and slack with what they bring in That and all these youngin's kissing and doing things in the cinema is annoying (although when i was a teenager i was probably the same).
Old 06-20-2009, 03:48 AM

The main theater in town is huge! 2000 seats, big screen, digital projection with HD uncompressed video and audio, very large speakers, and only $6.75 per ticket. Try finding a good theater like that!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:05 AM

I take my daughtet to the theater to let her get her dose of Pixar, Disney, and Dreamworks fix. Far as I go...I have to REALLY want to see a particular movie in the theater.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:33 AM

i still go to the movies a lot. my HT setup isn't great, i really only have a 40" sony xbr4 and a ps3, but when i want to see a movie, i don't want to wait. i prob see at least 3-6 movies a month in theatres.

so far this month i've seen: Up, Land of the Lost, The Hangover, and Star Trek, and i'm planning on seeing Year One and Whatever Works as well before the end of the month, prob Transfomers too.