Quantum of Solace recycled Blu case? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:35 PM
horrorbusiness's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,145
Default Quantum of Solace recycled Blu case?

I was over at a friends place last night and I noticed that his Blu ray copy of quantum of solace had a recycle logo on the inside of the case and it was cut out of the case. I don't like this and I hope they aren't doing newer movies like this. If you aren't careful with the case you could easily poke holes into the cover art on accident.

Has anyone else received copies of QoS like this? Or any other movies for that matter?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
wormraper's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
I was over at a friends place last night and I noticed that his Blu ray copy of quantum of solace had a recycle logo on the inside of the case and it was cut out of the case. I don't like this and I hope they aren't doing newer movies like this. If you aren't careful with the case you could easily poke holes into the cover art on accident.

Has anyone else received copies of QoS like this? Or any other movies for that matter?
Fox/MGM and one other studio is doing that ALOT for their Blus/DVD's. They're called "Eco-cases" and the less plastic used is supposed to be better for the environment or something.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Arkadin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,401
Default

see long thread in "smackdown" forum entitled
"New Eco-Friendly Blu-Ray Cases Suck"
and don't even get me started on these cases.
I HATE them with a passion.
and they have 0 to do with the environment imo, and everything to do with a few cheap-ass studios looking for less weight.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 245
Default

i dont think a shitty movie like this deserves another thread. this should have been kept in the main "Quantum of Solace" review thread.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Bane's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 17,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
i dont think a shitty movie like this deserves another thread. this should have been kept in the main "Quantum of Solace" review thread.
The point was the case, not the movie.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2009, 05:00 AM
skycracksopen's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 878
Default

my Quantum of Solace has a normal case, but my Kingdom of Heaven has one of these

pretty annoying
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2009, 12:30 PM
horrorbusiness's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
see long thread in "smackdown" forum entitled
"New Eco-Friendly Blu-Ray Cases Suck"
and don't even get me started on these cases.
I HATE them with a passion.
and they have 0 to do with the environment imo, and everything to do with a few cheap-ass studios looking for less weight.
I looked for a thread about this and I couldn't find one. But thanks I will ave to check that out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
i dont think a shitty movie like this deserves another thread. this should have been kept in the main "Quantum of Solace" review thread.
Sounds like you should be in charge of the rules for this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 58
Default

I don't see the problem. The cases aren't exactly flimsy because of this move. If it bothers you that much that there's a "recycling logo" on your case, then you may have bigger issues to deal with!

I'm all for reducing the amount of plastic used, and fuel savings due to shipping less incremental weight.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 PM
crazzeto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,885
Default

Honestly, I really don't see the problem with them... They don't bother me at all.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:37 PM
horrorbusiness's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
I don't see the problem. The cases aren't exactly flimsy because of this move. If it bothers you that much that there's a "recycling logo" on your case, then you may have bigger issues to deal with!

I'm all for reducing the amount of plastic used, and fuel savings due to shipping less incremental weight.
The cases aren't flimsy, but because the recycled logo is cut into the case it would be easy to poke holes in the movie cover art if you aren't careful.

Less weight? Maybe something like .0001 difference in weight probably doesn't make a whole lot of a difference.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fox is releasing more f'ugly cover art recycled discs September 8th Krawk Blu-ray Software General Discussion 12 09-09-2015 06:07 PM
Quantum of Solace Blu-Ray + The World Is Not Enough Blu-Ray + $10 Best Buy Gift Card lovemydog Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 0 03-01-2010 02:18 AM
Pre-order Quantum of Solace and Save on Select James Bond Blu-ray Titles (Amazon) MasterOfPuppets Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 24 02-28-2009 05:00 PM
Quantum of Solace (2008) James Bond (007) is back nelll Film Forum 20 06-27-2008 10:23 PM
Next James Bond film: Quantum of Solace Crispin Blu-ray Software General Discussion 25 01-26-2008 03:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off