Sword of the Stranger - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Default Sword of the Stranger

Well first off I'm disappointed again that another anime has been passed on review before it came out here. I'll list some review at the end. This movie almost passed me by until I saw it on new releases section at the BB. I bought it Wed. but barely watched it this morning Fri. All I have to say is I should have slapped myself and watched it the day it came out. The animation is flawless and being an original story, requiring no introduction, I sunk my teeth into it right away and keep me entertained throughout. Actually I checked out some of the extras first, specifically a couple commercials, didn't want to spoil it and watched the movie and logged in here. With most movies I usually require a commentary but with animation, not limited to anime, the production report was more than sufficient talking about the creation and making of. As always with anime cast interviews, in this case, and cast commentaries unnecessarily but a nice addition; what they have to say it expressed in their performance.
I'll leave a formal critique to the staff but all I have to say is it's definetly a buy and a blind-buy at that for the rest of you. Now to watch the rest of the extras.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...20&show=review
Old 06-19-2009, 02:54 PM

i picked it up last tuesday as well, but i have not watched it yet. i did however read a review somewhere first and it was pretty positive. though the site i read it at escapes me atm. theres been numerous sites that are now my de facto go to review sites over this one. i think this site should implement some sort of user review system, similar to bluray.com cuz lets face it, all of us on this board get the movie way before hdd gets it to eventually review.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:10 PM

It's animated by BONES. Everything they do is awesome.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSteling View Post
Well first off I'm disappointed again that another anime has been passed on review before it came out here. I'll list some review at the end.
if a title isn't sent to us, it isn't priority. if a studio wants something reviewed, they send a copy. if a studio doesn't send a copy, then the priority always goes to a title that the studio/reps actually took the time to send out.

that said, we're going to have a few more anime reviews up here within the month. this particular title isn't on my list, as it did not come in, and it is not on my list as it's not a title i'm seeking out personally. but mr max, anime has NOT been forgotten here
Old 06-20-2009, 09:32 AM

I can understand how one would prioritize in such instances. It definitely makes sense. But it is a bit disheartening regardless considering I come here almost always before I buy a blu-ray. Being an anime fanatic, I wish I could rely on this site just as much for speedy reviews to get me out buying them up. But as I stated, I understand.

Regarding the film. Looked amazing and has nothing but good reviews on amazon. I'll be picking it up when I get me reward zone coupon for sure.