'Revolutionary Road' - High-Def Digest Road - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-16-2009, 02:27 PM

Default 'Revolutionary Road' - High-Def Digest Road

David Krauss has reviewed ''Revolutionary Road.' He says this film packs a wallop. Prozac might not be an unadvised snack item. This Blu-ray is top notch, with excellent video and audio and the kind of extras that only enhance the experience. This one is highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2218...onaryroad.html
Old 06-16-2009, 02:32 PM

Got it moved up in my Nutflix queue. Looks like it will be pretty good. I hope!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM

This may be the one and only blu flick I can get my wife to watch with me...and have her see the world of blu...at the same time. Loved the trailer and it looks very good. Picking up for sure...well..maybe it can be a Father's Day gift from the wife and kids,lol.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

What a great gift lol. The movie is probably one of the most depressing films I have ever seen, I mean it's very good, but wow.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 PM

I really had high hopes for this film considering I really love Leo and Kate on seperate levels as actors. This film stands up to that par as both put up great performances. They still have cemestry together for sure. Sadly, this film is the pits. Not that its supposed to be a feel good flick I guess. Personally, it wasen't for me! It has one of those endings where your scratching your head going (wtf)

Yeah,

I'd recommend to anyone (give it a rent first)

Old 06-16-2009, 03:25 PM

great review, david.

I loved this film as well --- expertly and brilliantly made.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 PM

Although this movie is about American prosperity, it's ending is exactly opposite of the typical American movie. I loved this movie for all that it was and for the fact that it seemed very truthful. Sometimes watching a movie that is depressing challenges our emotions and forces us to look inward at our own lives. Overall, great movie and I'm glad that I bought it without knowing anything about it. My wife, however, hated it. Go figure.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:49 PM

I thought it was a great movie, but I can't say it's going to be worthwhile for everyone. This is not a romance film. It's far from it. I also don't think it's really the type of movie to own for repeated viewings. Some people will love it and disagree with that statement, but I definitely wouldn't recommend this movie as being purchase worthy for everybody. Rent it first, without question.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

I think it's a great film from a technical perspective (performances, cinematography, etc.), and it carries a great deal of thematic weight, but as a character study, it's like nails on a chalkboard. It is ultimately a film to be both admired and despised. Like GardenVariety, though, my wife just went with "despised". Personally, I'm very glad I saw it, but I don't feel I'll ever need to again. Oh, and Leo was robbed! As great as Winslet is, he ate her for breakfast in this thing...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Like GardenVariety, though, my wife just went with "despised".
My wife didn't like it either. It's interesting that women seem to feel that way about it. It must be that April is not a very likable character, and her actions often seem very selfish.

Leo is indeed superb in this film. If you get the Blu-ray, make sure you check out the deleted scenes. One of the final ones shows Leo at his most exposed and he is brilliant. If that scene had made it into the final cut, I don't know the Academy could NOT have nominated him.