'Bedtime Stories' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 PM

Default 'Bedtime Stories' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Bedtime Stories.' Let's just say he wasn't a fan. He say this Blu-ray has brilliant video, quite good sound, and some plentiful extras. So, in closing, this is a good disc for a bad flick.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2137...mestories.html
Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Well I gotta disagree with the review.

First, while Sandler did have a string of duds, his latest Zohan was very funny IMO.

Second, while this film IS predictable, it should very much appeal to fans of "The Pacifier" and "The Gameplan". These are formulaic family comedies that generate more smiles than belly laughs, and are usually good hearted/natured and sport good production values AND trade heavily on the innate appeal of the lead.

Now, if you're not a fan of these movies, fine, it is easy understand why. But if you are, (you know who you are), I would seriously recommend checking this out if you are also a Sandler fan.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:46 PM

I tried to watch this with my daughter when a friend of mine let me borrow this. Put me to sleep..twice (and no I was not tired...it was just that boring to me). Pass.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:41 PM

Can't say I will be watching this BD, but kudo's to Disney on using DTS-HD Master Audio on yet another title.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Strasse View Post
First, while Sandler did have a string of duds, his latest Zohan was very funny IMO.
You may stand alone on that "point," no offense. Not many people will stand up and defend that one.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Strasse View Post
Well I gotta disagree with the review.

+1 Zohan was great. looks like funny people will be good too.

As for this movie I thought the movie although predictable was a fun warm hearted comedy for the whole family.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 PM

I still haven't seen Zohan but plan to, though I blind bought this one as was happy with my purchase. I found it pretty charming and funny. It is definitely better than the current Eddie Murphy "Imagine That", but that isn't saying much, and this film, in my opinion, deserves better than just being said it is better than that movie. I did use a $10 off coupon to get it, but had actually already bought it but hadn't opened it when I saw the link on this site. I just returned it and bought it again. I dunno how long that coupon was good for, wouldn't surprise me if it has expired by now. Anyway, I'd say this is at least worth a rent to see if it is for you or not. I can't recommend it for everyone, but I did enjoy it and watched it a couple times. Don't expect to be overwhelmed with special effects or anything, there are less than you might expect, but they aren't needed any more than they are used to tell the story. Definitely good picture quality. As you can see from my sound specs, I'm not one to judge anything more than standard DD or DTS, but the DTS core sounded good at least in comparison to others. I do agree that the book title stood out as one of the funniest things, though I didn't feel like it was supposed to be the funniest movie in years, just pretty imaginative and innocent.

BTW this is one of the longest stretches I've seen between a release and a review. Not criticizing, I know they are reviewed when they can be gotten to, and the reviewers probably didn't have a copy until now. I'd just be surprised if anyone that is actually interested hasn't at least rented it and checked it out for themselves by now.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:21 AM

First off, Zohan was terrible. I do have hope for 'Funny People' but that doesn't rest on Sandler's shoulders as there are plenty of other comedic masterminds involved in that one.

On point, my son does enjoy this movie and my wife found it 'cute' but I found it too be quite boring.

Also, check you DVD copies that come with it becasue my DVD skips from scene 3 (or so) to about 2/3 of the way through the movie (not on the Blu just the DVD packaged with it).
Old 06-16-2009, 01:35 AM

I liked both Zohan and Bedtime stories.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
You may stand alone on that "point," no offense. Not many people will stand up and defend that one.
Yeah, Zohan was painful. I do admit that it made me chuckle a few times...but that doesn't make it "good".

I want to say the last film I enjoyed him in was Punch Drunk Love. I'm probably forgetting one, but that's about it.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.