'Driven to Kill' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-11-2009, 11:39 AM

Default 'Driven to Kill' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom took a bullet for the HDD staff and has reviewed Steven Seagal's latest direct-to-video clunker, 'Driven to Kill.' It almost drove Tom to the loony bin. He says this awful movie has awful video, awful audio, and awful supplements. Definitely one to avoid.

But definitely check out Tom's review; it's a great read!
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2239/drivenkill.html
Old 06-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Formerly weaponX6282

I feel sorry for anyone who has to watch any of these direct to video Steven Seagal movies.....

Life is too short to watch these things.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM

I actually liked this one. It wasn't up to his old school ass-kicking but it was better than 95% of the schlock he's done the last few years.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:22 PM

yep, I also thought this one was better than the usual direct to dvd crap he puts out sometimes. as an action buff I'd much rather watch a new seagal dvd release than some commercial fluff like twilight. they're guilty pleasures and that's all, what's there to expect from such movies?

the reviewer should have took his own advice and put a bullet to his head if he has any other expectations from a seagal flick. if he doesn't like this one which many seagal fans find better than his recent efforts he should be reviewing movies like revolutionary road
Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM

Fox should be ashamed of themselves on this one.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblove11 View Post
yep, I also thought this one was better than the usual direct to dvd crap he puts out sometimes. as an action buff I'd much rather watch a new seagal dvd release than some commercial fluff like twilight. they're guilty pleasures and that's all, what's there to expect from such movies?

the reviewer should have took his own advice and put a bullet to his head if he has any other expectations from a seagal flick. if he doesn't like this one which many seagal fans find better than his recent efforts he should be reviewing movies like revolutionary road
This one is still a very far cry from his earlier efforts, which were guilty pleasure material. I wasn't expecting much, but 'Driven to Kill' was severely painful to sit through. It has a lazy script, lazy director, and a bunch of lazy actors that makes it a half-assed effort by all involved.

I mean seriously, they couldn't even find an actress in her fifties to play the mother, so they hire some twentysomething woman and just age her via make-up. Machine guns spraying down a hallway (at both ends) and nobody even gets a graze. I could go on and on. This was not even a minuscule's worth of entertainment. The only reason why I gave it half of a star (as opposed to zero) was for the unintentional humor of the eye zoom that made me laugh hysterically.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM

lol great review, I dont think this is even worth a rental
Old 06-11-2009, 07:22 PM

Hard to Kill - > Driven to Kill LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 09:00 PM

I have to admit that I was cracking up at seagal's russian insults, they were so funny. but all in all, I'll keep watching the seagal, van damme & wesley snipes direct to dvd fare. I liked this one because I expected it to blow badly & it didn't. even though the shootout sequences might be bad at least it got a blu ray release. even that killshot movie with diane lane & mickey rourke couldn't muster a blu ray release
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
the occasion quickly turns sour when Ruslan learns the groom is Stephan
This guy is really on the ball. He turns up for his daughter's wedding and only then finds out who she's marrying? He must really like surprises.