'Bring It On: Fight to the Finish' on Blu-ray August 11 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Default 'Bring It On: Fight to the Finish' on Blu-ray August 11

From BD.com
Quote:
Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced the release of 'Bring It On: Fight to the Finish' on Blu-ray on August 11, day-and-date with the DVD. This direct-to-video sequel of the cheerleader comedy 'Bring It On' will feature a 1.78:1 1080p video presentation, accompanied by a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Special features include:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Practice Round
  • Back Stage Pass
  • On Set with Christina Milian
  • MUN2: The Chicas Project: "Flip This"
  • BD Live - Download Center
Old 06-11-2009, 03:38 PM

I hope they release the original one with Kristen Dunst and Elisa Dushku
Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Banned

Perfect. Just what the format needs. Who cares about Universal catalog films when we get Bring It On Part 4.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Perfect. Just what the format needs. Who cares about Universal catalog films when we get Bring It On Part 4.
agreed. absolutely terrible, how they have TONS of HD DVD's to still transfer over, and a gob of catalog titles that still haven't seen the light of day, and bring us this, due to it being day/date.

so far, Universal has received the score of FAIL in my book. they really need to get more aggressive, and actually release catalogs like they did for HD DVD.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I personally think it's great they aren't just releasing major theatrical releases. Their upcoming release of Do The Right Thing is nothing short of amazing, and day and date titles need their release on Blu more than basic catalog titles.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:21 PM

Deleted scenes on the disc?

The WHOLE MOVIE should be a deleted scene!!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
agreed. absolutely terrible, how they have TONS of HD DVD's to still transfer over, and a gob of catalog titles that still haven't seen the light of day, and bring us this, due to it being day/date.

so far, Universal has received the score of FAIL in my book. they really need to get more aggressive, and actually release catalogs like they did for HD DVD.
I wouldn't be pissed if they were bringing this and other 'new' titles to Blu. But just this? WTF!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 PM

What the hell is with some studios releasing direct to video crap?!

Do they really think Blu-ray owners want stuff like this? I mean, anyone interested in the Bring It On series surely wants the original but I doubt many really care about the sequels.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Former Member

agreed. test the waters with the one that you KNOW people will want: THE ORIGINAL. if it sells good, then put out a few combo packs with the less than desired 37 sequels.

Loys, Do the Right Thing is, what, their THIRD or FOURTH catalog title on blu that wasn't on hd dvd?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 PM

Third, behind 8 Mile and Street Fighter. I for one agree that Universal needs to announce more titles. I'm a bit annoyed that they have yet to announce The Last House on the Left as I missed that one in theaters and I wanted to see it. Since it hasn't been announced yet I expect they won't be releasing it till late sep/october. And they need to tell us when they plan on releasing Army of Darkness. Would it be too much to ask for an Army of Darkness/Darkman/Drag Me to Hell threepack this fall?