GGC H2OL & Power dvd ultra 7.3 update problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 PM

Default GGC H2OL & Power dvd ultra 7.3 update problem

I have a new GGC H2OL Blu-ray drive and have just installed the power dvd software, when I insert a blu-ray disc and press play on the power dvd ultra player I get an update message that says. .

"A critical componet of the player requires periodic updates. New movies could fail to play if the critical update is not updated promptly. Would you like to update now?"

When I click yes and am asked again if I want to download the update, I click yes again and am taken to an empty page that just sits there, no update takes place, no download, nothing. . .

here's the page address

htp://docs.cyberlink.com/multi/patch/enu/null

So thinking this link is broken I went to Cyberlink and found an update for my GGC H2OL drive - (Update for Power dvd ultra 7.3) which I have downloaded and installed and now when I click play on the power dvd ultra player I get asked exectly the same thing, it's like some bad acid trip man, I keep going round in circles, what should I do?

The BD I'm trying to play is BLade runner the final cut (Region A)

I have a brand new Dell 1080p HDCP ready 22" monitor

2X Radeon HD4870's

My whole system is HDCP compliant from what I can tell.

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:40 PM

I experienced so many issues with power dvd, i gave up and switched to the total media theater. Haven't had a single issue playing any hd-dvd or blu.Plus the power dvd i got was loaded with spyware.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 PM

Good luck...

I sold my BD drive after a couple weeks manily because of things like this.
You can try downloading an AnyDVD HD trial from here: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

It's not a cheap program once that runs out though.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che View Post
I experienced so many issues with power dvd, i gave up and switched to the total media theater. Haven't had a single issue playing any hd-dvd or blu.Plus the power dvd i got was loaded with spyware.
Does that program work with dual displays? The most annoying part about PowerDVD for me is having to disable my dual displays in order for Blu-Rays to work.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 PM

I had this kind of forced updates for my Power DVD Ultra 7.3 come up a couple of times so far. I started using it in January 2008 when I got it with my first GGW-H20N drive (bought locally here in Japan). The updates worked for me though, the downloading and installation succeeded. The last time it happened was several months ago though.

I've been using WinDVD 9 Plus and Nero 8 Showtime Player on the side as well as it's not uncommon to have problems with one or more of the playback SW packages. I don't much watch whole movies on my PC anyway, I just use it for some quick checking and for SD PAL and 1080i50 encoded stuff that doesn't work on my main setup.

I also use AnyDVD HD at the same time.