'Friday the 13th Part 2' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 PM

Default 'Friday the 13th Part 2' - High-Def Digest Review

Our resident Jasonphile, Peter, has reviewed 'Friday the 13th Part 2.' He says this one is the best sequel in the series. The Blu-ray boasts nicely upgraded video, decent audio, and disappointing supplements. Worth a look for horror fans.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2297...13thpart2.html
Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 PM

I can't wait to get my copy next week. PQ is about what I expected based on the first F13.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM

i dont get the "how did jason age so fast" comment. i've seen that mentioned in many reviews and it makes no sense. with this first sequel they're obviously implying he never died back when he "drowned" as kid, so considering that happened in the 60s, it means he was already a full adult by the time the first movie's events take place.

so where's the confusion or whatnot? i mean its not like they showed him get decapitated in one movie, only to have the next movie say "oh that wasnt really him" as an excuse to bring him back.

now had the whole drowning thing happened shortly before the movie's events than ok...but it didnt. there's well over 20years between when jason apparently drowned and when his mother dies, then an extra 5 years for when Part 2 starts.

anyway i'm putting way too much thought into this i know but its always bugged me. lol
Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 PM

I was expecting the PQ to be much lower. After reading the review I might have to pick this up after all.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
i dont get the "how did jason age so fast" comment. i've seen that mentioned in many reviews and it makes no sense. with this first sequel they're obviously implying he never died back when he "drowned" as kid, so considering that happened in the 60s, it means he was already a full adult by the time the first movie's events take place.

so where's the confusion or whatnot? i mean its not like they showed him get decapitated in one movie, only to have the next movie say "oh that wasnt really him" as an excuse to bring him back.

now had the whole drowning thing happened shortly before the movie's events than ok...but it didnt. there's well over 20years between when jason apparently drowned and when his mother dies, then an extra 5 years for when Part 2 starts.

anyway i'm putting way too much thought into this i know but its always bugged me. lol
I think people are referring to the end of F13 when jason jumps out of the water and drags the girl in. Obviously it was just a dream sequence and he would have had to have been an adult by then, so it seemed obvious to me... apparently not to a lot though.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the review. This is my favorite in the Friday series so I'm looking forward to the better PQ than we've had before.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:25 PM

I still remember how the beginning sequence of this film just totally creeped me out when I saw it in the theater when it was first released. The cat thing may have been a cheap scare, but boy, did it get me but good! As did the ice pick! Great opening! Honestly don't remember much about the film after that, so I may have to give this one a rent to refresh my memory.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM

I already have 2 and 3 on preorder on Amazon I cant wait.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Can't wait for this either. Both Friday 2 and 3 will be first day purchases.

ninja edit: I love this picture. I wonder if Peter chose to use this pic in the review or if someone else made the decision.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:41 PM

First day purchase for me as well!!

Can't wait!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael