Fatal Attraction - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2009, 11:58 PM

Default 'Fatal Attraction' - High-Def Digest Review

David (hey, wait a sec, that's me!) has reviewed the '80s thriller, 'Fatal Attraction.' He says the movie holds up better than expected, and though its climax goes way over the top, it still examines hot-button sexual and social issues. This Blu-ray has fine video, decent audio, and a good array of supplements. Definitely worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2194...ttraction.html

Last edited by dbacksfan; 06-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:14 AM

David, I'm getting a link to login as an admin...

EDIT: Never mind...

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 06-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Former Member

yeah, fixed that.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 AM

Who the hell would be tempted to have an affair with Glenn Close????
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney7 View Post
Who the hell would be tempted to have an affair with Glenn Close????
Yeah I mean Glenn Close is one of the best actresses of all time but shes not exactly a woman I would cheat on my wife with.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 AM

Have any of you seen the movie? Back then she was looking kind of hot. Now is a different story.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Have any of you seen the movie? Back then she was looking kind of hot. Now is a different story.
Yes I have seen the movie a few times. I never really found her that attractive she has kind of a butter face and her body isn't all that. She is average looking at best in my personal opinion. But I know a lot of people seem to think Halle Berry is hot too but I have always found her overrated as well.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 AM

For a generation of heterosexual men, 'Fatal Attraction' did what AIDS couldn't. It scared them, and made them think twice about the potentially dire consequences of extramarital and casual sex. Average Joes accustomed to banging every attractive broad they could sweet-talk into bed and then going home to their wives and girlfriends without a shred of remorse suddenly began padlocking their flies. Was the ego boost of a conquest and 15 fleeting minutes of pleasure worth the risk? For many men, the answer was no. After all, wearing a condom could keep a disease at bay, but it wouldn't protect you from a raving maniac who might stalk and terrorize you and your family. Though Ronald Reagan may have incited the conservative shift in American morality in the early '80s, and AIDS certainly abetted it, 'Fatal Attraction' played a major role as well. For the first time in a while, guys began thinking with their heads.

Can I laugh now? Where the hell did this conclusion come from? If a guy can get a girl - he will. Right now. 25 years ago. A thousand years from now. A movie sure as hell will change nothing.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
the greens of Central Park exhibit a natural vibrancy and the suburban sequences capture the area's tranquil, Eden-like atmosphere.
Central Park.... "Eden-like atmosphere"... you've got to be kidding. That's even more bizarre than a movie being mentioned and compared to aids as a driving force in social change. Of course a film with a femme fatal never existed before Fatal Attraction... the "dangers of womankind" or a murdering adulteress were completely new concepts!

Also why no a mention of the fact the film have brought the phrase "bunny boiler" into the English language? It's very rare for a film reference to extent past the film itself. Certainly a film which is as relatively recent as Fatal Attraction.

I don't really agree with this review... Fatal Attraction is interesting in that it's basically a clever horror film where the antagonist and the target audience has been flipped. The masculine horror film has a man chasing down and attacking sexually promiscuous women.. usually in a dirty outdoor environment. This feminine horror film has a woman attacking a sexually promiscuous man in a family/home environment. Making and marketing a film in that manner was kind of an important step for feminists, sure (not sure they'd agree, but there's an angle in there somewhere). But it's not really much more than a horror film; it certainly didn't have some great social, political impact.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 PM

I remember all the talk back in the day about this film, but I still haven't seen it to this day. I might rent it eventually.