Devil May Cry: The Complete Series - August 25th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 AM

Default Devil May Cry: The Complete Series - August 25th

Amazon just listed it.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:19 AM

Cool! I heard the show's not that good, but it's always nice to see more Blu-Ray anime.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Got the DVD with my CE edition of Devil May Cry 4. It's pretty shitty.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 PM

The problem with this anime is that there was no real focal point for where the story wanted to go and by the time there seemed to be something happening in the sense of an evolving story, the series was over. I have all three volumes with the collectors box on dvd, I won't be upgrading to blu. There seemed to be a haze to it that made it feel more of a doom and gloom which went with the story, kinda like boogiepop phantom did. I don't think it's made to look ultra clear and crispy. I find it amusing that there is a majority of action gore anime being release on blu-ray, but not a lot of what people really want. FLCL or Gurren Lagann would be a nice little place to start some kickass blu-ray releases.

My score for DMC anime would be 3/5...far from being an abomination.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM

Too bad it isn't GunGrave Awesome series.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 AM

Yeah, I was so excited for this series when it was first announced, and then I watched the first few episodes the same day they aired in Japan. It sucked. Dante was too seriously. There was little to no action. The music was bland. Most of all, the games are meant to be stylish in how everything plays out, yet, the anime had none of that. There was not style nor substance here. Hell, there was not even a plot. I guess that is not the fault of the show though, as I got to meet the director that did the show two years ago, and he said that Capcom stated the series had to be 12 individual episodes as opposed to a long saga.

On the positive side, the dub used the VAs from the game, which gave the characters more life, especially for Dante.