'Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete ' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Default 'Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete ' - High-Def Digest Review

I hinted at it a while ago, so today.... BONUS REVIEW!

I give you Nate's review of 'Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete.' He
says this is a great tie in to the series, but a disappointment as a movie. This Blu-ray has some problematic video, above average audio, and fun extras. This one is for fans only.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2236...ncomplete.html
Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Disappointing to see sub-4 star ratings on video/audio, but it's not a huge issue. I've yet to watch my copy, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the upgrade from the dvd well enough.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Disappointing to see sub-4 star ratings on video/audio, but it's not a huge issue. I've yet to watch my copy, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the upgrade from the dvd well enough.
Disappointing and completely wrong! This reviewer just lost all credibility in my book. PQ on this is flawless.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 PM

I have to say I disagree. I still love you Nate, but personally I thought the video was at least 4 stars, and the movie is much improved beyond the original cut (3 or 3.5 stars).

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM

Fully agree with the comment on the video from the poster above. I think its better than Nate is giving credit for.

I could be wrong but I'm totally not a fan of those over sized 65" units, as EVERY movie I see on them, I see a sea of artifacts. I cannot believe those that buy them, actually think they produce a good picture. So I think that Nate is being put off by artifacts introduced by his own display unit.

FYI, I use a 24" computer monitor display with 1-to-1 pixel mapping, and 120" home theatre front projector.

This was the same as the review who did the review on the Appleseed Ex Machina. The video on that one was stellar when viewed on a proper display.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:00 PM

This will certainly be fun to watch when I get my copy. The review on blu-ray.com and user reviews have been nothing but top notch, so I cannot wait to see for myself. I did expect this to be close to reference, but you guys have been wrong before (Rocknrolla looks just as good as Doomsday you'd ask me, not the shitty score of 3,5)

I couldn't even get bothered reading the film review (seldom does), but this is a (clear) favorite
Old 06-04-2009, 08:01 PM

Being a HUGE FFVII fan I thought the DC at least made the movie much more watchable. I disliked the original version but I'd be glad to add this BD to my collection when it hits a bargain price
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 PM

It sucks they didn't include all the extra features from the last DVD release. I own the original release on DVD, and since this disc seems to be a bit underwhleming I will hold off on buying it unless I can find it at Wal-Mart for $15... What's the difference with the DC?

Also I own a 65" Mitsubishi DLP and I don't notice artifacts on hardly any of my Blu-Rays, mostly just certain channels on HD cable...
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
It sucks they didn't include all the extra features from the last DVD release.
What features?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
I could be wrong but I'm totally not a fan of those over sized 65" units, as EVERY movie I see on them, I see a sea of artifacts. I cannot believe those that buy them, actually think they produce a good picture. So I think that Nate is being put off by artifacts introduced by his own display unit.
Just like the flat nasty shimmering on 'Resident Evil: Degeneration' was noticeable on the same 65er, that was mentioned by a different reviewer. As the review stated, there were artifacts, but not a SEA. not even a pond, more like a puddle. Not a fan of a type of display, hey, your biz, but I think you're overblowing your case to try to support your belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiamat View Post
What features?
The ones that are mentioned in the intro to the extras section of the review, that made note that there were some exclusions from both previous DVD releases, both in media, and in the physical (cards, etc) manner. Did ya not get that far?

There is no "Complete" package of this film with an entire set of supplements.